Tuesday 24 November 2020

In the Pink for the Simply Sweet Poppy Stencils challenge ........

Happy Tuesday ........

I hope you're all well, and that your week has got off to a good start.  Can you believe this time next week it will be December ........ I really do need to get some Christmas cards done!  

Today though, I have a reminder for you for this month's Simply Sweet Poppy Stencils Facebook Challenge.  Don't worry, if you haven't got your entry in yet, you've still got a few days left.   The deadline is 5pm (GMT) on  Sunday 29th November, and the winner will be announced on the Facebook page on Monday the 30th.

The theme this month is ..... In the Pink!  Now, don't go thinking that means flowers, it can be absolutely anything, as long as it's pink.  If you read my challenge post from earlier this month I had a pink snowflake, and also the Sweet Poppy Highland Cow looked very pretty in pink.  
Have a look at your stencils, and just go for it!

How about a pink kitty cat ........


Using the Sweet Poppy stencil tape, I masked off around the edges of a piece of white card and then used a brush to apply a tiny bit of colour onto the background 


With the tape still in place, I added in the cherry blossom keeping the design to the top half and just one side edge of the inked background.


I removed the stencil tape and stenciled in the cat, taking the image over the edges of inked background 


For the cat I used a couple of shades of pink (Distress inks) and built up the colour gradually.
I then masked off the pink areas whilst I added colour onto the wall.


A little splatter of water adds a bit more interest to the brickwork, and I finished by adding a simple stamped sentiment and some glitter onto the blossom flowers.


There's a £40 voucher for the challenge winner to spend on the Sweet Poppy website (wouldn't that be a nice early Christmas present!)  Just follow the simple rules to be in with a chance of winning ......


Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
Time for a quick coffee them I'm off to the craft room ..... wish me luck!  I'm not coming out until I've made a start on some Christmas cards ...... I could be in there a while!

It is starting to look a little more festive around the house ..... the conservatory tree has finally been decorated


And this was how I spent the weekend .......



There's still a few gaps on the tree in the lounge, a few more baubles are needed I think! 

Cheerio until next time ...... 




Products used:
Stencils: Cherry Blossom, Cat on the Wall (both by Sweet Poppy but unfortunately the cat may be retired)
Inks: Distress Inks - Broken China, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye, Aged Mahogany; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Stamps: sentiment stamp from my stash
Other: Fine Crystalina glitter (Sweet Poppy)

3 comments:

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Linda, the cat suits pink - she looks as if she's daydreaming.
Good luck with the Christmas cards.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

What a pretty scene with the sweet pink flowers and kitty! Love the soft inked background and distressing on the bricks! Your Christmas trees are beautiful! Your home is looking very festive!

HilaryJane said...

That blossom stencil really is special and your card is stunning. I really like the pink cat too. Wow, what an amazing Christmas tree in your lounge and how special to have another in your conservatory. I only have a tree in my conservatory xx