Wednesday 27 January 2021

Monochrome Melody ...... the Simply Sweet Poppy Challenge

Happy Wednesday ........

The middle of the week ..... hope yours is going well.

I'm just popping in to say there's still a couple of days left to play along with this month's Simply Sweet Poppy Stencils Facebook challenge
The theme is a nice easy one ......... Monochrome Melody.  We'd like to see cards made using just one colour, or different shades of one colour. 
(The hardest decision will be what colour to go for, and of course which Sweet Poppy stencil to use!)  


I decided to use one of my all time favourite stencils ..... the gorgeous Wildflowers, and I went for shades of blue.

I used one Distress Ink pad (Chipped Sapphire) to create the different shades.  


I used a soft brush to apply the first layer of ink, gently building up the colour.  For the second layer I used a sponge and applied a little bit more pressure when adding the ink, but again built up the depth of colour gradually until I got a slightly darker shade.  
And then finally, for the top layer, I used the pointed end of a smoothie sponge (one of those little teardrop shaped latex sponges) to really get the colour in there.

I added a few splatters onto the background using the same Distress Ink mixed with water .....


  And finished with a sentiment, stamped in shades of blue 


The challenge closes on January 29th (winner will be announced on Jan 30th) so there's time to play along if you're quick. 
There's a fabulous £40 voucher (oooh! wouldn't that be nice) to spend on the Sweet Poppy website for the challenge winner.  
So ..... just choose your stencil, choose your colour and follow the challenge rules.  You have to be in it to win it!


Happy stenciling!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm having some me time today, in the craft room catching up with a few online workshops.

Cheerio until next time ........

 


Products used:
Stencils:  Wildflowers (Sweet Poppy)
Inks:  Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire; Versafine Clair - Blue Belle
Stamps: Labeled Messages (Mama Elephant); Fun Birthday Sentiments (Happy Little Stampers)

5 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous monochromatic card using that fabulous wildflower stencil (it's now on my wish list!). The shades of blue are so pretty and love how you've created depth with not only the shading, but the amount of pressure sponging depending on the tool. LOVE the two part sentiment. Great work as always Linda! xx

Bonnie said...

You always make me want to go shopping, Linda! Love this stencil and how you've so patiently built up color in some of the flowers! Such a pretty card, my friend!

nancy littrell said...

Love the depth you achieved with your different shades of the same monochromatic Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. TFS your description of layering with a sponge of your ink. Beautiful sentiment and diluted splatters too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

HilaryJane said...

this is so pretty and wonderful splatters too xx

Diane said...

What a elegant card design.

I joined your blog.

Hugs diane