Saturday 13 March 2021

More art journaling fun ........

Happy weekend .......

How are you?  I hope you've had a good week.  
I've spent most of mine in the craft room since everything that was in the diary has been cancelled due to our lockdown!  We just need the weather to brighten up a little now then we can get out and spend time in the garden.

It has given me chance to catch up, and finish off a few online workshops though.  I'm really enjoying playing in my art journal at the moment, thanks to the  inspiration and amazing tuition from the lovely Tracy Scott.

I've been trying a little bit of Pattern Play using one of her latest stamp sets ........ which I then turned into a double page by adding a technique from Tracy's Index Card Art workshop  


Speaking of Index Card Art, this might just be my new addiction .......


All these were made on a 5 day workshop with Tracy back at the beginning of February.  Little pieces of artwork done on index cards ..... they are so much fun to do, and like I said, quite addictive! (Can you see the one where the idea for the journal page came from? ...... top of the picture in the centre)

Here are a few more I've done since ......

  

The top one on this photo was inspired by another Tracy Scott workshop, and the bottom one is Eileen Godwin inspired .... from another fabulous workshop I did, back in January I think.

If you like the idea of these little pieces of artwork then lookout for Tracy's Index Card Art II  ...... another 5 day workshop coming up in April.  
If you love paints and inks, stamps and stencils, and enjoy working with colour and lots of different techniques then it will be right up your street.  You can find all the details on Tracy's Creative Cafe Facebook page.

I've also been putting the finishing touches to these today ....... Lace Cut Pages


How cool are these ..... and all the cut out work is done for you, you just need to decorate them.  
They come as a plain white booklet ....... this one is #3, and it's a beautiful mandala.  You get one solid, double page sheet, and one that is cut out ..... just add paint, use stamps and stencils and lots of doodling.  I love them.
This is the solid page behind .........


This is the same booklet, just decorated differently .......



So many possibilities!

I still have one workshop piece to share with you, but I'll save that for another day.

Thanks for popping by ...... have a lovely weekend,  and to all you fabulous Mum's out there, Happy Mother's Day.  I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

Cheerio until next time .......


4 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW just fabulous Linda... love the designs and wonderful bright colours, Robyn

Christine Alexander said...

wow you have been busy, love the designs and so many fun crafty courses :)

Loll said...

WOW! AMAZING pieces of art, Linda. LOVE the idea of making small pieces that can be made into cards or whatever later. LOVE the vibrant and saturated colours that you've used on so many of the pieces. So uplifting and fun! Great work! xx

Bonnie said...

You have been busy, my friend! What a lot of beautiful color and fun!