Wednesday 28 April 2021

Relax ......

Happy Wednesday .........

I can't believe it's May at the weekend ...... another month has whooshed on by.  
Things are looking good though ....... our little island is moving in the right direction finally,  the 1st of May sees our border restrictions starting to lift (yeah!!)    

Anyhow, I'm just popping in today to play along with the latest challenge at AAA Cards.  It's CAS Game #188 ....... 


As you can see the challenge is ...... a one inch strip (got that!) with an optional twist of using small stamps (didn't really follow that one ...... although the sentiment is a small stamp!!!)


My one inch strip is a little bit of Distress ink blending across the width of my card


I masked off top and bottom and then used a brush to apply the inks, building up the colour gradually and blending the two shades together in the middle.
For a bit more interest I splattered some water over the top, let it sit for a few seconds then mopped up the excess with a paper towel (I never get tired of using this technique with Distress inks, you get different results every time!)

I stamped the dog onto a piece of white card, and water coloured him using Distress Inks 


I fussy cut around the image and used foam pads to attach him to the card ...... he fits perfectly in the one inch strip (if the sun comes out later this will be me ...... relaxing in the garden!)

And here's my small stamp .......... 


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off to make a start on getting the van ready for the weekend.  As it's a Bank Holiday weekend we're making the most of it and having a few nights away ...... on the island of course  (I'm not brave enough to travel further afield just yet!) 
It's been a while, so all the checklists are out ....... and he needs a wash!  No doubt that will be my job too so, looks like I've got a busy day!  
It's not all bad though, hubby is taking me for a belated birthday treat this evening ........ a meal out at a very nice little Italian restaurant in Douglas.  I think I'll have earned it!!   

Cheerio until next time ........  
 


Products used:
Stamps: Doggone Sweet, Happy Snippets (Penny Black)
Inks: Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Tea Dye, Rusty Hinge, Festive Berries; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Low tack masking tape; Water 

9 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love your relaxing dog.

Enjoy your weekend in your motorhome. We're off tomorrow for the weekend - it'll be our third weekend away since our restrictions lifted. It's great to be out again!

Kath x

Christine Alexander said...

OMG adorable, I have this stamp and of course 2 Golden's so time to pull it out after seeing this wonderful inspiration ♥

nancy littrell said...

Love how your fun doggie fit perfectly in your 1" watercolored strip and the tiny sentiment is perfect for the optional part of your challenge. Have a wonderful long weekend camping outing, Linda. Love and Hugs...P.S. enjoy your birthday dinner too!

Jane said...

Oh what a superb image - so chilled out! Perfect for the one inch strip too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Bonnie said...

This looks like an awesome way to spend the day! Gotta love this pooch!

HilaryJane said...

what a clever card, I love how your dog fits the strip exactly and the background blending is perfect. Hope you enjoy your weekend away and you meal out, lucky you xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

I think if it fits within the one inch strip it is a small(ish) stamp. cute too. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Quillish said...

Awwdorable!! That doggie is a cutie and I love the design, it fits in an inch of grass and sky perfectly! Thank you for joining us with your creative take to an inch strip, at AAA Cards. Hugs~ Ishani

Loll said...

Adorable!! This looks just like my Jessie. She is always wanting belly rubs. :) Love your take on the challenge. The 1" strip is such a clever design and a great challenge! xx