Tuesday 1 June 2021

Just flying by ........

Happy Tuesday .......

Well May didn't seem to last very long .......... Welcome to June!

Are you ready for a new CAS Mix Up Challenge?

We have a Watercolour Challenge this month, and our host is the lovely Viv, who has chosen the theme ...... Flight

  
Oooh, so many options to choose from for this one.  It can be absolutely anything that is flight related, anything with wings for instance like ......... birds, fairies or aeroplanes even.   Butterflies, dragonflies, bees and insects, or ...... cute little kitty cats!!!??


I found this Penny Black stamp in my stash, and thought it was perfect for this challenge ...... he looks so cute flying along with his balloons!

I watercoloured the sky with a wash of blue Distress Ink, 


and then used a damp wet wipe to dab on some white paint for the clouds.

I stamped the little kitty cat, watercoloured the image with various colours of ZIG markers, and fussy cut around him.
I trimmed the bottom edge of the painted panel using a stitched edge die, and attached it to the front of my card blank, adding a sentiment underneath.


I attached the flying kitty using a small wobbler, so that he moves when you pick up the card ..... so cute!

I also added some birds in flight to the background for a little more interest.


I just love this little kitty, so I had to add him to the inside of the card too .......


We have a fabulous Guest Designer this month .......  Joyce (Cards-by-the-Sea) is joining in the fun so please pop by and say hello.  
And don't forget to check out the CAS Mix Up Blog too, there's lots more Flight inspiration on there from the rest of the Design Team.

See you in the gallery!

Thank you to those of you who have signed up again or, are new subscribers, using the new email subscription form above (follow.it) ..... I breathed a sign of relief when that worked!
Don't forget Feedburner will cease to exist at the end of this month so, if you get email notifications from that when I publish a new post, then they will stop.  You will need to subscribe again via the new form above ...... if you still want to receive email notifications that is.  I would love it if you did!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time 



Products used:
Stamps: Bubbly - 'T' for Transparent set (Penny Black); Wavy Sayings (Lawn Fawn); Daydreamer (Inkylicious) for the birds; Birthday Essentials (Newton's Nook) for the sentiment inside
Inks: Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Broken China; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Other: Fresco Finish Chalk Paint - Snowflake; Wet wipes; Stitched Edge Die; ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Wobbler

12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a happy little card. I do love your sky and how you have added the little cat and his balloons to the inside xx

Viv said...

This really brought a smile to my face Linda! Kitty Cat is so cute - his facial expression is priceless! Gorgeous colouring and a great interpretation of the theme - just brilliant as always!

conil said...

So clever to use a kitten with balloons for your "Flight" card. It is unique plus the added benefit of just being so darn cute. I'm going to have to try your white paint clouds real soon. it's very effective and the clouds look so natural.

Leslie Miller said...

So adorable all over, Linda! I love your technique for adding clouds to the sky, too. The birds in flight are a nice touch. Just as cute inside as it is outside!

Bonnie said...

This kitty is one of my favorites and I love how you've colored him and his balloons! The sky is AWESOME too, my friend!

Mac Mable said...

A great take on the challenge theme and the cutest of cards Linda x.

Christine Alexander said...

what a great take on the challenge, I would never have thought of a flying kitty. Awesome sky :)

Loll said...

Adorable card Linda! I LOVE that sweet cat floating through the air. The bright balloons are so fun! And I love your sky and clouds for the background. Great work, my friend! xx

nancy littrell said...

OMG..what a cute cat looking a bit nervous, but having fun too floating thru the air with the colorful balloons. I LOVE your dabbed clouds painted with a wet wipe. They look so realistic. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy P.S. I got your email notifying me of your new post:-) Great when new things work!

Julia Aston said...

This cute kitty looks like she's not quite sure she is enjoying flying into the sky with her balloons! Love the clouds you created in your sky and the birds flying even higher up!

Brenda in IN said...

This is so unexpected and fun! Love how you made the clouds and such a sweet kitty.

Susan Joyce said...

Great image for the Flight challenge Linda, beautifully coloured and love the wobbly idea for the cat.