Wednesday 15 September 2021

CAS Mix Up Reminder ........

Hello again .......

I hope you're enjoying your Wednesday.

We're in the middle of September already, can you believe it, and it's time to remind you about this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge


Leslie is our host this month, and the challenge is all about Autumn Colours, and watercolouring.  
Autumn is definitely on it's way here, the leaves are changing colour and beginning to fall, and it's getting a little chilly in the evenings.  I do love this time of year though.

How about using pretty Autumn shades for simple backgrounds, and add in a touch of shimmer and shine with some metallic heat embossing ....... gold, copper and bronze tones are the perfect partners for all those gorgeous rich Autumn colours


This was so quick and easy to do.  I used a background stamp from Penny Black called enlightened.
Inked it up using various shades of Distress Inks, spritzed with a fine mist of water to help move the ink around a little and then stamped the image onto a piece of white cardstock


The spritzing helps to blend the colours together,  and give a pretty watercoloured look to the image.

Once it was dry, I stamped over the top using a large sentiment from a Stampin Up! set called Lovely Friends.


I used my MISTI to do the stamping and Versamark ink.  
I stamped the sentiment over the top of my background design, inking up and stamping a few times to make sure I had a good amount of ink on there before adding my embossing powder.

I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture but, I used a copper embossing powder first but I didn't like the result ..... the words didn't stand out enough from the background.   So, I put the card back in my MISTI, moving it ever so slightly from where it had been positioned before, inked up the sentiment again using the Versamark ink and stamped over the top.
This time I used gold embossing powder, and I love the results .......


There's a sort of shadow effect from the two colours of embossing powder, and when the light hits it's such a pretty effect.


We have a fabulous Guest Designer this month ...... Ros (Mikey's Mom) is joinging us for September's challenge so be sure to pop over and say Hello.  And also check out the gorgeous Autumnal inspiration from the rest of the CAS Mix Up Design Team.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .......



Products used:
Stamps: enlightened (Penny Black); Lovely Friedns (Stampin Up!)
Inks: Distress Inks - Fossilised Amber, Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint; Versamark ink
Other: WOW Embossing Powder - Copper, Gold

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow! A gorgeous background stamp and such pretty Fall colors, Linda! Love the double embossing on the sentiment!

Loll said...

LOVE your stamped leaves in the background, Linda. The colours are so beautiful ... especially the red that really stands out. What an amazing sentiment! How clever to emboss it a second time with gold slightly off-set from the copper embossing. It make a perfect shadow of copper. Gorgeous Autumn card, my friend! xx

Mac Mable said...

WOW this is a stunner Linda. The background stamping/water colouring looks amazing and so is that sentiment. Great way to emboss the sentiment too Linda x.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm completely smitten with your entire card, Linda, but your background is truly magnificent! It's a beautiful stamp, but what you did with it, sigh... you made me go put it on my wish list! The sentiment does have a shadow effect which makes it look all the more embossed. A real work of art!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Linda, I love all the trialing vines in those wonderful colours ♥

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love this!

Chrissie said...

Linda, this is class personified! Awesome, it looks so rich yet delicate, a great composition!
I love it!
Chrissie x

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Linda, love your stamped and watercoloured image, and the double stamped sentiment is perfect.

HilaryJane said...

This is so special and very beautiful. What a great idea with the embossing. I must remember it xx