Friday 15 October 2021

Is it too early for the Christmas tree? ...........

Happy Friday ........

I'm joking about the Christmas tree ...... or maybe I'm not.  Can you believe there's only 10 more Fridays until Christmas.   Better start making those lists!

We're half way through October so it's time to remind you about this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge.
It's a Mixed Media month and our host is the lovely Bonnie, who's got a fabulous theme for us ....... 


Bonnie would like us to use something from the garden ....... leaves, flowers, ferns etc., to create beautiful botanical prints on our cards.  I don't know about yours but our garden is full of Autumn leaves that have fallen from the trees so there's lots to choose from.

This little fern makes the perfect tree for a CAS Christmas card ........


I carefully inked the fern using Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink straight from the ink pad, then used the fern like a stamp onto the centre of a piece of white cardstock.
I did cover the fern with a piece of copier paper and applied a little pressure with my hand, just to make sure I got a good print.


Not bad ....... I love the detail that I mamaged to get.

I then made a little pot for the tree to sit in ..... just a tiny piece of kraft card cut to shape and shaded on the edges with Distress ink


My sentiment was stamped underneath and heat embossed in gold,


I added some baubles onto the tree using dots of glitter glue, 


and finished with a little die cut, and heat embossed star on the top


There's still time to play along with the challenge, follow the theme (Botanical Prints), include some stamping on there and, remember to use one other Mixed Media element ....... you can find a list for those on CAS Mix Up Blog.  
You'll also find on there links to some great videos using this technique, more inspiration from the Design Team (they've been very busy) and we also have a fabulous Guest Designer ...... Izzy (Izzy (Scrap) is joining us this month, so pop by and say Hello! and then join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a great weekend.
Now where did I put those Christmas decorations .......... Ho! Ho! Ho! (just kidding!)

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stamps: Wonderful Christmas (Inkylicious)
Inks: Distres Inks - Rustic Wilderness, Gathered Twigs; Versamark 
Other:  Fern from the garden; snippet of kraft card; WOW! Embossing Powders - Detail Gold - for the senitment, Gold Sparkle for the star; Stickles Glitter Glue - Cranberry, Gold, 

15 comments:

HilaryJane said...

This is so clever and your print has turned out really well. Not sure how you managed to do that without any smudges. Well done you, it looks terrific xx

conil said...

How smart you are to get your Christmas card stash going. Your fern is going to help a lot. You really got all the detail from the frond and that pot is just perfect. Lovely embellishment and gold embossing makes a great holiday card.

Pat said...

This pressed fern works beautifully to make your Christmas tree Linda and I love the red and gold stickles for the baubles and the gold sparkle for the star...also a great sentiment to finish. x

Viv said...

Stealing this idea Linda!
Abundance of ferns two minutes away in the local wood so I shall be there sweeping up the woodland floor!
Brilliant card! x

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, it IS time for trees - at least these darling little ones we can create ourselves! Oh my goodness did you get a perfect inking with that sweet little fern! An incredibly cute Christmas card!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

You just had to mention 10 more Fridays, didn't you? Seriously, I need the boost to finish the few remaining cards I have yet to make. Your fern made the cutest little Christmas tree! Sweet glitter baubles and a gold star on top... perfect!

Loll said...

This is so creative, Linda! I LOVE your fern Christmas tree! :) Fabulous print and amazing card design, my friend! 10 Fridays until Christmas - yikes!! xx

Bonnie said...

I see I need to go outside tomorrow and pick a sprig of fern! This is AWESOME, Linda! We'll be needing to get those Christmas trees up very soon!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG Linda awesome Christmas tree, so clever ♥

Mac Mable said...

What a fun and creative idea Linda and a fabulous CAS Christmas card. Thank you for the inspiration and looking forward to seeing your 'trees' decorated this year as I remember how much you enjoy it x.

Darnell said...

I know I say this a lot, but you really are a genius, Linda! Your fern Christmas tree is as good as any tree stamp ever and I love the whole idea. So much easier than squishing the plant through the machine and getting juice everywhere! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous Linda, I tried printing with some ferns and failed miserably, it makes a terrific Christmas tree... and it's never to early to be making Christmas Cards!
Chrissie x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Pure genius!!! The print came out perfectly and makes an adorable Christmas tree!

Susan Joyce said...

Very creative Linda, love every design element!

nancy littrell said...

So clever of you Linda to make your pressed fern into a beautiful Christmas tree design. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy