Friday 22 October 2021

More from World Cardmaking Day ........

Happy Friday .......

We are in October aren't we?  I haven't missed a week or two have I?  
Just checking, because I'm sure the build up to Christmas gets earlier and earlier each year.  It's everywhere ....... and we haven't even had Halloween yet!!!! 
Not that I'm complaining, I love it really.  I've already made a start on the shopping.  The festive food is all ordered, and I have eaten my first mince pie of the year, and the second, and third and ....... yes, let's not go there!!!   
I may even have bought a few new baubles for the tree ..... ooops! I can't resist pretty, shiny things. 
Speaking of which, Lauren and I had a lovely evening last night down at Tynwald Mills.  We were there for the launch of Claire's Winter Collection at Element Isle.  It was stunning!  


We might just have treated ourselves to a few pieces, well it would have been rude not to!  And I did do a bit of shopping for hubby ...... I ordered my Christmas present!!  Thank you darling ..... it's gorgeous!  

Anyway ..... the reason I'm here is to share the rest of my makes from World Cardmaking Day.  
I joined in a whole day of online demos and mini workshops on Facebook,  planned and organised by the lovely Sharon Everett.
It was a lovely day, busy ..... but lots of fun.  And, it got me back in the craft room which was what I needed.

I've already shared some of the cards inspired by JOFY, Marion and Martine (click this link if you missed them), so here's the rest ........ you might want to grab a cuppa first!

The lovely Tracy Scott was showing how to use her stamps and stencil designs together ........


Really easy to do, and a great way to use up left over cardstock


Sharon did a fabulous demo using WOW! Confetti stencils and die cuts ...... 


Looks fab in a rainbow of colours ......


Of course there was a little bit of Christmas in there too ........ from the fabulous Eileen Godwin using Sweet Poppy Stencils and Lavinia stamps 


This is Pippin ..... he's sooo cute! 


Tanya from Creative Expressions put together a whole host of products and techniques.  Unfortunately I didn't have the exact products she was using but, I followed the layout and did my own thing with what I had 
 

I'm loving this colour combination ......


And finally ...... Lisa Gretton from Loobi Crafts showed how to create the faux wood effect using Distress Inks ..... love this technique!


There were more demos on the day, I just ran out of time.  The good thing is the Facebook Group is still there.  It's a Private Group but, I believe you can still request to join, and all the videos are still available so you can watch and play along. 

Speaking of Facebook, Jo Firth-Young (JOFY) is running a workshop tomorrow (Sat. 23rd Oct) so that's my Saturday sorted.  I haven't done a workshop for a while so I'm really looking forward to it.
In fact my weekend is off to a nice early start ....... hubby and I are out for lunch today.  We're off to Wine Down, it's a little quieter at lunch time which suits me just fine.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a lovely weekend.

Cheerio until next time ......
  

3 comments:

Kris said...

Beautiful cards, Linda! Sounds like a very fun day :) Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

WOW! You sure had a busy and very productive World Cardmaking Day, my friend!

Loll said...

Your cards are all so beautiful, Linda. Sounds like you had a really fun day, and very productive too! Enjoy your weekend! xx