Friday 12 November 2021

Welcome to the weekend .......

Happy Friday to you ........

I hope you've had a lovely week ..... got anything nice planned for the weekend? 
November is flying by isn't it. I'm not quite sure where this week has gone!   
And guess what ........ six weeks today, it will be Christmas Eve!!!!!! ......... not that I'm counting.

I'm not panicing just yet though, things are slowly coming together, although I do need to get more Christmas cards done, there's no where near enough in the festive box!

With that in mind, here's one I've made, using the theme from this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge .....



I do like a bit of Stencil Monoprinting.  It's a quick and easy technique, although it can get a little messy, but it's a really different, fun way of using your stencils.

The stencil I've used is one of a two piece set from Lawn Fawn called Snowflake Background (you can never have too many snowflakes in your Christams stash!)
Instead of using an ink pad to apply colour to the stencil,  I reached for one of those little pots of Brusho pigment powders. 
I sprinkled a TINY amount of the powder directly onto my stencil ...... I say tiny because these little pots of magic are so full of colour and a little really does go a long way.
I added a fine mist of water over the top along with a spritz of Perfect Pearls Pearlescent spray to add a touch of shimmer
I then placed the stencil onto a piece of watercolour card, and applied a little bit of pressure to move the colour around.  


I gently lifted the stencil, mopped up some of the excess ink and then left it to dry naturally


The Brusho had pooled in some areas, the colour was more intense in places which was nice, and I love the touch of shimmer from the pearlescent spray.

I cut the panel down to size, leaving the white edge across the bottom.  Added a simple sentiment ....


and attached a die cut snowflake which I had covered in glitter, for added sparkle.


We're not quite at the half way point of the challenge so there's still plenty of time to play along. Get those stencils out and try monoprinting.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.
We've got a birthday to celebrate this weekend and we're going Japanese to do it which should be fun.

Cheerio until next time .......


Products used:
Stencil: Snowflake Background Stencils (Lawn Fawn)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne (for the sentiment)
Stamps: Small sentiment from my stash
Other: Brusho Pigment Powders - Cobalt Blue; Perfect Pearls Spray - Pearlescent; Sophie Snowflake die (Simon Says Stamp); Fine Crystal Glitter; Quickie Glue Pen

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful, rich shade of blue to show off your snowflakes, Linda! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Loll said...

Beautiful snowy monoprint Linda! Love the shimmer from the pearlescent mist! xx

AlisonC said...

Just beautiful, the effect of the blue ink is lovely. Another idea to try.