Monday 13 December 2021

12 days until Christmas ........

Happy Monday! ........

Well, that's my booster jab all done and dusted before Christmas.  Lets hope it's like the other two ...... no nasty side effects! 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I can't believe there's only one more before the big day ....... are you ready for it?  We did make a start on the all important Christmas gravy yesterday.  Bless Jamie Oliver for his delicious Get Ahead Gravy base ..... works a treat every year!

I've got some more Christmas cards to share with you today ....... batch making is a wonderful thing!

Here's that new die again, told you I would be using it a lot .........


Same card, just added a change of colour to the die cut sentiment.

The bunch of mistletoe is from a Julie Hickey stamp set called Under the Mistletoe ........ it fits perfectly on these 7x5inch cards.
I stamped and heat embossed in Platinum onto black cardstock, and then used pearlescent paints to colour it in


A few splatters of white paint onto the backgrounds and then I added the die cut sentiment ....... simple!
The gold one above is just coloured with Delicata Golden Glitz ink, applied direct from the ink pad.
The red and green versions were coloured with inks and then heat embossed with a sparkly clear embossing powder


And the white one was just glittered ....... so quick and easy.  The only thing that took the time was painting the mistletoe!


Here's another easy design, this time with an embossing folder ......... I'm loving black cardstock at the moment!


This embossing folder is ......... Holiday Greenery from Simon Says Stamp.  I've simply run it through the Big Shot with a piece of black cardstock.  I then used various inkpads (metallic) to add the colours, gently swiping each one over the top of the raised areas.


A little bit of mat and layering to frame the piece, and to finish I added a touch of Tim Holtz's Clear Rock Candy Glitter to highlight pieces of the greenery and of course, added my favourite die cut sentiment, cut twice, one coloured (Delicata Ruby Red metallic ink), one not, and then layered to give a shadowed look


Really easy cards ......... which is great if you've left things a little late like I have,  I love how they've turned out though.  

Wouldn't this make a great Christmas card ...........  can you believe Arthur's 3 month's old today!


and these are just a couple of photos from his first photoshoot ...... cute or what!

First family photo 💖


Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.  
Time for a coffe and a mince pie I think

Cheerio until next time .......


5 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful cards Linda! You always make them so special. These designs are bold and beautiful in all the different colours. What a fun photo of Arthur. He's so adorable!!! Lovely family portrait too. xx

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! I love these dark backgrounds and the sparkle and shine of metallic paint and ink! Arthur is adorable! Love the family photo!

Viv said...

Your black cardstock has made for some stunning cards Linda!
Now I have to go get that die too.....
Lovely family pic and how cute is Arthur! x

Darnell said...

That sweet baby steals the show, Linda! But it's a close race with your stunning cards! I'm so irritated that I just recently ordered from The Ton and didn't notice this incredible Merry Christmas die! I may have to pay shipping and order it anyway because you've inspired me with this sensational black card design! Happy Holidays! Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards with the black cardstock and die cut Merry Christmas, die cut mistletoe and dry embossed background. All 3 cards are Stunning, my friend. TFS the adorable family photo of your newest adorable grandson. I am sure you will be having another special family Christmas. Happy Healthy New Year too. Love and Hugs..Nancy