Saturday 15 January 2022

Loose watercolouring for CAS Mix Up ........

Happy weekend to you .......

Have you got anything nice planned?
The weather's not been very good here today but hey! I suppose it is January. 
Can you believe we're already half way through the month ...... crazy I know!
  
Mid month always means there's a reminder for the CAS Mix Up Challenge.  
Jenny is our host for January, and the theme is .......... Loose Watercolouring


This is a really fun technique, it makes watercolouring easy.  You don't need to be too careful putting your colours down, and the effect can be quite arty looking.


It's a great technique for keeping things CAS too ....... and a perfect way of colouring flowers!

I stamped the pretty florals randomly over a piece of white cardstock, gthen used the technique to add the colour


First, I painted the flower with clean water, then added a touch of colour using a ZIG marker to the centre and let the water spread the colour around.  I helped the process along a little using a paintbrush to make sure the colour covered the whole flower.
Once this layer was dry I did the same again, using the same markers to add some depth of colour and  shading to each of the flowers.

A few ink splatters in the background add a bit more interest


I die cut the bottom of the card to give a fancy edge, added a layer of black card for contrast and  stamped my sentiment underneath.   I also added a few sparkly gemstones to finish off


I even remembered to do the inside ........
                     

The closing date for the challenge is 24th January so there's still plenty of time to play along.

Thanks for popping by ........ enjoy the rest of your weekend.
We've got a dinner party for 10 this evening and the best part of it is ......... I don't have to cook!!!!

It's Lauren's birthday on Monday, and to celebrate she's invited a few friends round and we've booked the amazing Leela's Kitchen to come and do the cooking for us. 
This is a company on the island that makes delicious indian food,  has their own range of spices and sauces, which are amazing!  They do a delivery service with take aways thalis, cookery classes, and tailor made dinner parties, which we thought would be something a little bit different.  
I'm really looking forward to it ........ it's always nice when someone else does the cooking!
I'd better go and get the kitchen ready for him!

Cheerio until next time ......


Supplies:
Stamps: Painted Flowers (Altenew); Happy Birthday Sentiment (Happy Little Stampers); Sentiment inside the card (Penny Black)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne;
Others: ZIG Clean colour Brush Markers; Self Adhesive Gem stones

10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful, love the little extra on the inside. Hope the birthday party goes well xx

Bonnie said...

Awesome little flowers, Linda! Love the colors and the layout! I need to check out those new Zig colors!

conil said...

Those sweet, watercolored roses, wish I had a top with that print. Plus the color is absolute perfection to me. The black elements are the ideal contrast. Simply beautiful.

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful, Linda! You always have the prettiest stamps and cards. I don't know about the time difference, but I sure hope you enjoy/enjoyed the dinner party. It sounds wonderful!

nancy littrell said...

Such pretty stamped flowers, loosely watercolored, Linda. TFS your detailed description too. I always like your added splatters. Enjoy your birthday party and try to be safe...Love and Hugs...Nancy

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely design Linda, I love the die cut edge and the pretty colours you used.

Loll said...

Love these sweet flowers with your loose watercolouring Linda. And the design is just perfect for a CAS card. Love the layout!! xx

AlisonC said...

I love the technique and the finished result. Another thing I must try. The black contrast edge is a clever idea. x

Chrissie said...

This is terrific Linda and I'm really impressed with the inside too!
Enjoy your special meal!
Chrissie x

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty card with an eye catching design Linda and with the sweetest of flowers x. Enjoy the celebrations x.