Thursday 6 January 2022

Starting early .........

Happy Thursday .........

Here we go again ....... New Years resolutions and all that!  Have you made any?  
The diet starts tomorow ........
I'm not going to leave my Christmas cards to the last minute this year ........
I'm going to get fitter ........ 
I'm making my Christmas cards early this year ........
I'm not going to buy any new craft supplies until I've used up some of what I've already got ......
HaHaHa!!!! .......... as if that's going to happen!  Not a chance.

I have made a Christmas card though ..... whoo hoo!!
Only because I'm playing along with the CAS Christmas Card Challenge.  
It's the perfect excuse to make a start on filling up the festive box again.

The first challenge theme of the year is ....... Silver and Gold 


All the decorations have been put away, apart from the ones still on my craft desk ..... the stamp variety!


This was really quick and easy to do. I used the Merry Christmas Color Layering set from Hero Arts.
I used the bold words from the set to create the bauble ...... stamped on black cardstock, and heat embossed with WOW's silver and gold embossing powders


I added a few silver and gold ink splatters to the background, and finished off with a bow made from a piece of gold thread.


Well that's the first one for the festive box done!

I haven't actually made any New Years resolutions this year, except I'm trying to have ..... I won't say completely alcohol free January because it is Lauren's 30th birthday on the 17th, so there will be a few celebrations then but, other than that, I'm going for a dry(ish) month!

I did make this though ........ again in silver and gold but it's not really a Christmas card.
I used some of that stash that's been mounting up in the craft room ...... you know, the stamps we have to have then when we have them we don't use them ........ yes those!


Heat embossed and splattered as before, with a little touch of silver gel pen


I'm going to link this up to Darnell's NBUS Challenge
Hmmm ...... maybe that's something else I should try each month ...... use something from the NBUS pile.   I'll kep you posted on that one.

Somerthing I hadn't planned for in the New Year was this .......


Yep! It's finally got me!  Hubby too.  He was first on Dec 30th (luckily we had nothing major planned for New Years Eve), and then me on Jan 3rd. 
We're both double jabbed and boostered thankfully, so it's not too bad.  I feel like I've got a bad cold, and I'm easily tired but other than that I'm fine  .......... it has taken me three days to get the Christmas trees and decorations down and away though!!!  
Hubby's not too bad either, he's actually working, from home of course.
We're currently in our 10 day isolation period.  Think I'll spend mine in my craft room.

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe!

Cheerio until next time .......


Supplies:

Stamps: Merry Christmas Color Layering stamp set (Hero Arts); Happy New Year Clear stamp set (Whimsy Stamps)
Inks: Versamark ink;  Delicata Golden Glitz and Silvery Shimmer inks
Other: Gold and Silver embossing powders (WOW!); Gold thread; Silver Metallic Gel Pen  

8 comments:

!neke said...

Great cards !!!
Hopefully you will recover soon !!!!
groeten Ineke

Bonnie said...

A fantastic Christmas card, Linda! And I love, love, love that New Year's card! So sorry you and your hubby have the Covid, but glad it's not too bad and hope you are feeling tip top again soon. Spending time in the craft room sounds like a great idea!

Christine Alexander said...

it's going to be almost impossible to avoid this round :( love our silver and gold on black all cards are so elegant ♥

Darnell said...

You rocked the gold and silver theme with your schparkly Christmas and New Year cards, Linda! The designs are CASlicious, but still impactful, especially on black! Sorry to hear you both got Covid and hope you are recovering quickly. Good luck with your (almost) dry January! And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

HilaryJane said...

Both these cards are great. Love the silver and gold on black and the splatters. So sorry covid has caught you. It seems these days that the only way to avoid it is to stay home alone xx

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are stunning and really have that WOW factor Linda x. Sorry to hear about the Covid but so glad you both haven't been too unwell with it x. Good luck with the nearly dry January Linda! x.

Loll said...

Gorgeous Christmas and New Year's cards, Linda. Silver and gold are so elegant together, and then add the black. WoW!

Sorry to hear you and your hubby have Covid!! Take care of yourselves and hope you are feeling better soon. xx

Julia Aston said...

So sorry 'it' caught up to you and hubby Linda - they say we will all get it over time - a rather depressing fact - but good to hear it's not too bad if you are all vaxed. What a wonderful ornament you created in silver and gold with your big sentiments! thanks for playing along with my CAS Christmas challenge this month! Julia xx