Wednesday 23 February 2022

A last minute Christmas card for the CAS Christmas challenge ..........

Happy Wednesday .........

How's your week going?  
February is almost done, less than a week and we're into March!!  Not sure I'm ready for it this year ...... it's my birthday month and it's a really BIG one!!!!!!   What's the saying ......... the more candles the bigger the cake.  It's going to have to be a BIG cake!!!!

Anyway, we're still in Ferbruary, and I'm playing along with the CAS Christmas challenge again ...... yes I've managed to sneak in another Christmas card!


Really quick and easy, and hardly any colouring required.  It's one layer too. so great for posting!

The theme this month is  ...... Winter Scene


The snow we had last weekend got me thinking about snowmen so that was where I started. 
I stamped this jolly little fellow straight onto my card base.  He's a really old Inkadinkadoo wooden stamp, so no MISTI but he always stamps beautifully so it wasn't a problem.  
I then added a touch of colour to him and his little friend using ZIG Markers


I created a mask with a piece of copier paper for the hillside and with that in place I stamped the trees in the background


I drew in the tree line with a black fine liner, added a touch of sparkle with some fine crystal glitter, and finished off with a stamped sentiment (that I did use the MISTI for ...... I didn't want to mess it up and have to do it all again!)


The snow we had didn't stick around very long, it never does here.  We didn't get chance to build a snowman.  
Thankfully though, the storms seem to have passed ...... for now!  It's still cold and a bit breezy though, but at least the sun is shining.  Mind you, it is half term here on the island, so we should have know the weather wouldn't be great this week!! 

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time .......
   


Supplies
Stamps: Snowman stamp from Inkadinkadoo;  Trees - Clarity; Sentiment was a freebie from a Craft magazine
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz for the sentiment
Other: ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers; Black fine liner pen; Quickie Glue Pen; Fine crystal glitter; Piece of copier paper to make the hillside mask

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Linda...that snowman is so ADORABLE, and I'm loving your tree line too! Glad our theme this month and the snow you received last week inspired you to play along with us at CAS Christmas...we love it when you do!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Sweet! Love snowman and this one is adorable! Love the tree line behind him. xx

Christine Alexander said...

your little snowman is adorable and love the tree behind. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Bonnie said...

This sweet snowman looks like he's having a nice conversation with the little bird! I wonder what they're talking about? Another great Christmas card, my friend!

Susan said...

Lovely little winter scene! Love the snowman with his visiting bird!