Wednesday 16 February 2022

A quick reminder ........

Hello again ........

Just a quick reminder for all you Sweet Poppy Stencil fans ...... Lucy will be back on our TV screens on Friday this week,  so not much longer to wait.  


The shows will be full of fabulous tips and techniques, along with some amazing demos from Lucy using the brand new release of stencils and a couple of the new stamp sets.

The new stamp sets are gorgeous.  If you love big, bold florals then they will definitely be ones for your wish lists.

Here's a few samples done using the gorgeous Daisies 



There's two different, large floral designs in this stamp set, with two sentiments in there too
Both images are great for colouring, with pens, paints, or pencils, whatever you prefer to use.  But, if you really don't like colouring,  then just stamp the flowers onto coloured papers and cut them out.  Becasue they're such a good size they are easy to fussy cut. 


The daisies make perfect focal points for your cards, but how about using them to create all over designs.
For this card I started in the centre and stamped the image with Versamark ink, and heat embossed in gold
I then used the same stamp to fill in around the edges.  Versamark ink again only this time I dusted over the top of the ink with Perfect Pearl mica powder.   I polished off the excess using a soft cloth


The mica powder sticks to the ink and gives a pretty shimmer to the stamped image.
I stamped the flower again, this time onto a seperate piece of black card, heat embossed in gold and coloured it using pearlescent paints.  It was then fussy cut and attached over the top of the stamped imageds using foam pads to add a touch of dimension


I added a few gold ink splatters onto the background and the sentiment on a strip of black cardstock across the bottom ......


I also used the stamp to add detail to the inside of my card.  How pretty does it look just stamped in black.


Here's the same stamp used with one of the new stencil designs as a background ........


For this one I stenciled the new Damask Backplate design through the circle aperture stencil, and then stamped the flower over the top.


I stamped the whole flower using a black ink but, I heat embossed just the detail on the bottom by carefully sprinkling over some gold embossed powder


I coloured the stamped flower using ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers,  then stamped the flower again onto a scrap of white cardstock, fussy cut it and coloured it with the same pens.  I then attached this over the stamped image using foam pads, slightly offsetting the petals to create a fuller looking flower


A few gemstones and a sentiment add the finishing touches


The second stamp in the set is a gorgeous, large daisy head ...... perfect for your card fronts on it's own 


I simply stamped the flower onto an ink smooshed background, and coloured it with markers.


I did hand draw in a stem 


And I added some natural twine around the bottom, and a Sweet Poppy sentiment from a previously released stamp set

Still with me? ........ don't worry, this is the last one!


Same daisy stamp, stamped off the edge of a square piece of card


A touch of colour added to the petals and the sentiment stamped above.

I then used the same stamp to decorate my background piece.  I took a square of hot pink cardstock, used an ink pad as close to the same colour as I could find (I think it was Versafine Clair - Glamorous), and stamped the daisy all over the card


I love this tone on tone look, especially for backgrounds.

This stamp set is going to become a real favourite I think.   Just think of all the different colours you could use ....... so pretty!!

Don't forget to tune in to Lucy on Friday ......... that's February 18th at 9am and 1pm on The Craft Store TV (Sky channel 673, Freesat 817 & Freeview channel 85) 
There'll be lots more fabulous ideas from the rest of the Design Team using these stamps and more from the Sweet Poppy new release. 
  

Cheerio until next time .....

2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous selection of stamped and stenciled cards ♥

Bonnie said...

Each of these flowers is gorgeous, Linda! The colors are fantastic and so is the simple black and white! Awesome samples, my friend!