Tuesday 15 February 2022

CAS Mix Up Challenge ...........

Happy Tuesday ........

Belated Happy Valentine's too 💕 ....... I hope you had a nice day!

It's the middle of February, so that means we're half way through this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge

It's a Mixed Media challenge this month.  Susan's our host, and she's chosen Faux Cloisonne as the theme .......


If you're thinking ...... what's faux cloisonne? (like I did) then don't worry .......

 Susan's Message
For my challenge I would like you to recycle glossy Magazines, Advertising material or you could use Designer Paper that has been hiding in your stash.  Most cards I have seen are embossed with Gold embossing powder but you could use other colours too. 
 
You can also check out the CAS Mix Up Blog,  where you'll find links to some videos showing how to use this technique.

Now I don't buy that many glossy magazines so, I had to really look hard for something to use.  In the end I found a couple of pages in one of our motorhome club magazines.

The next problem I had was deciding on which stamp to use.   Before I ran out of magazine pictures to use (it's not often I throw things in the bin but, boy was this a challenge!!) ..... here's one that survived the cut

(Faux Cloisonne, Stamping,  & Watercolouring)

I stamped my image onto white card, watercoloured the little bunny and the background,


and then used the faux cloisonne technique for the bunny's umbrella.   
Stamped the umbrella part onto my magazine page, heat embossed in gold and fussy cut.  I then paper pieced the umbrella onto the stamped image ...... 


A simple, fun technique, and a great way of adding extra colour to your designs.  I will definitely be using the faux cloisonne technique again ...... I just need to get my hands on some glossy mags!!

Another way of doing Faux Cloisonne is to use pearlescent paints with your gold embossing
(check out the link to the Lindsey Weirich video on the CAS Mix Up Blog)
Here's my take on that .......

(Faux Cloisonne, Stamping, Heat Embossing, & Ink Splattering)

Black card stock, and a pretty Altenew stamp ....... love it!


Go on ..... why not give it a go and join in with this month's challenge. 
You have until the 24th of the month to get your entries in.  Just remember to include the Challenge Theme, Rubber Stamping, and at least one other Mixed Media technique on your entry.

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ........



Supplies
Card 1
Stamps: All weather Friends (Anita Jeram - Colorado Craft Co.)
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata Metallic Ink - Golden Glitz; Versamark; Distress Inks to watercolour with 
Others: Gold Embossing Powder (WOW!); ZIG Markers to Watercolour with; Magazine page

Card 2
Stamps: Everlasting Happiness (Altenew)
Inks: Versamark ink; 
Others: Gold Embossing Powder (WOW!); Pearlescent Paints

9 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I love that umbrella, such a clever card, it looks fabulous. The black background on your second card works really well with the gold too. Such wonderful splatters, wish I had your skill at doing them xx

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable first card with a fun idea to use the technique for the umbrella Linda. Striking second card with the black card stock to show off those beautiful flowers x.

Bonnie said...

I ended up tossing several tries too, Linda! But this one worked perfectly! I'd love an umbrella like this! What a sweet and fun card! Love the elegance of the second card! Gorgeous flowers! (That bunny kinda won my heart!)

Loll said...

Two beauties, Linda. Love the sweet faux cloisonne umbrella that the bunny is holding. Adorable! And your circle of flowers with the mica paints is gorgeous on black. Great work! xx

Susan Joyce said...

Two lovely cards Linda, love the bunny's sweet umbrella and the Mica paints used on the black cardstock with the gold embossing for the 2nd card.

Brenda in IN said...

Both cards are lovely. That umbrella is awesome and I wish I had one like that.

conil said...

Love that you cloisonned the umbrella for the Anita Jeram card. Makes it stand out nicely. And the pearlescent paints look amazing with the gold embossing.

Christine Alexander said...

I want an umbrella like that :) it brings a bit of sunshine into a rainy day- adorable card. Your second is beautiful on black with the metallic paints.

nancy littrell said...

Oh my...Your pretty Faux Cloisonne Umbrella certainly brightened your cute bunnies rainy day, Linda:-) TFS your steps and sharing your 2nd elegant Faux Cloisonne card using pearlescent paints on black cardstock. Two beauties, my friend. TFS ...I will never again look at a glossy magazine/catalog, etc. the same again:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy