Wednesday 15 June 2022

Bee Happy ........

Happy Wednesday to you ........

It's hard to believe we're half way through June already ........ this month really is flying by.
We're having some great weather here too ..... summer has arrived early!

The middle of the month means it's time to remind you about the latest CAS Mix Up challenge.
After a little 3 month break we're all back in action again with a Stencil Challenge. 
Loll is our host this month and she would like us to use Pastes and/or Gels along with our stencils.


If you're not sure about using pastes or gels, then check out the CAS Mix Up Blog for some really useful video links, and of course, lots of inspiration from the Design Team and, our fabulous Guest Designers Julie and Darnell, who are joining us this month.

I've used a translucent paste for my card today ...... it goes on white and then dries clear so that you can still see what's underneath ...... in this case the first layer of Distress Ink that I started my background with


I smooshed Mustard Seed Distress Ink onto a craft mat, spritzed with water and then pounced a piece of white cardstock into the ink, concentrating on one corner of the card only to make sure I kept plenty of white space on there.
I dried this off with a heat tool and then using a honeycomb stencil I applied the translucent paste over the top of the ink and left it to dry.


It doesn't take long to dry and it gives this lovely glossy finish.

Next, I blended Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink over the stenciled area to bring out all the detail of the honeycomb design


See how the yellow underneath still shows through ........ love it!!

I then used the Etched Layered Daisy Stem die from Simon Says Stamp to add the flower.  
I simply cut the three pieces from white cardstock, applied a little ink to the stem and the flower centre and then attached the pieces to the front of my card


I love the detail in this die, it's so pretty!

Of course there had to be a little bee on there ...... stamped and coloured with ZIG markers


And I finished off with a two piece sentiment ...... half stamped onto the card front, and half added on a snippet of cardstock


I can't wait to see all the challenge entries in the gallery ...... it's great to be back!

Happy crafting!

Thanks for popping by ...... enjoy the rest of your day.

Sorry it's quiet here on the blog lately, the old mojo still isn't what it should be.  Plus, it has been a bit full on around here recently.
What with holidays, the TT, and lots of family stuff going on, I just can't seem to settle in the craft room at all.  This nice weather we're having at the moment isn't helping either, I just want to be outside!

Speaking of holidays, we're off again at the weekend ...... Scotland this time, in the motorhome, so I've spent the last few days sorting that out.  
I do all the inside stuff ...... cleaning etc., stocking the cupboards and the fridge, making sure there's clothes in there, and that we have everything we're likely to need,  then hubby does the outside.  
So he's in charge of the fuel, the gas bottles,  emptying the loo!!!! and ringing the very nice man who cleans it for us!

So, we're going to Loch Lomond, Loch Ness, the Isle of Mull, and Fort William.  It's going to be a fun trip, I love Scotland and we haven't been up there since 2019.  We're also meeting up with a friend towards the end of the trip which will be nice.

We're also off out this evening for a Masterclass on Portugese Wines ....... should be interesting.
I'd better get ready!

Cheerio until next time .........


Supplies
Stencils: Honeycomb stencil (Memory Box - not sure if this is still available)
Stamps: Bee (Lavinia Stamps); sentiment Bee You (Altenew)
Inks: Distres Ink - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade,  Gathered Twigs, Peeled Paint; Versafine Clair - Nocture
Other: Translucent Stencil Medium (Sweet Poppy), Etched Layered Daisyb Stem Die (Simon Says Stamp); ZIG Clean Color Brush Markers

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, your glossy goodness makes this extra bee-u-tiful! OH, would I love to be with you on that journey! I'd gladly clean the loo for the chance! Have a wonderful time!
=]

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely effect that translucent paste gives your background and I love that shine. That lovely die cut flower is perfect on top, it enhances and doesn't detract from the background. Love it. Enjoy your holiday xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous sunshiney card Linda - hope the weather holds for your trip up North! x

Loll said...

I love how you've smooshed the background and added the clear gel over top. Adding the deeper ink colours to the background really makes the fabulous stenciling stand out. Such a great way to use clear gel paste!! Your daisy is lovely and I wish I had bought this one from SSS instead of the larger one (it's massive). This is so pretty and just a bit of colouring makes it so special. Love that little bee to finish with matching sentiment. Have a fabulous trip to Scotland ... hope to see some photos on your blog when you're back. xx

Bonnie said...

Your mojo is alive and well, Linda! This card is gorgeous with the sunny yellow background and translucent honeycomb! Love this daisy and it show so perfectly against the background! The bee looks right at home! Enjoy your travels, my friend!

Brenda in IN said...

This is so pretty. The shine is gorgeous and I love the honeycomb. Your trip sounds wonderful.

nancy littrell said...

I am intrigued by your translucent paste, Linda. Your background turned out beautifully along with your stenciled honey combs. Love your colors, beautiful die cut flower and your added bee. TFS your beautiful card and cool paste technique. Yes, it is great being inspired again by our CAS DT and our followers. Have a wonderful trip to Scotland. Can't wait to see photos:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

My Paper Epiphany said...

So gorgeous Linda! The honeycomb looks real! Have a wonderful trip! I miss Scotland.

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful combination of design elements Linda, perfect for the challenge!