Wednesday 5 October 2022

Time to say goodbye ........

Happy Wednesday ........

How's your week going?  It's a little bit wet and windy here this week, so it's a great excuse to stay cosy and warm in the craft room!

If you're a regular follower of my blog you might be wondering where this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge is.  Well, in case you haven't already heard, it's time to say Farewell to all things CAS (sigh!) that's both the CAS Mix Up and CAS Christmas Card challenges. 
 
I've been part of Loll's CAS Design Team for about three and half years or so, and it's been so much fun.  Huge thanks to Loll, and all of the other fabulous DT members for making the CAS Mix Up family such a fun and inspirational team to be part of.  
I am going to miss our monthly 'get togethers' but, I'm sure we'll all keep in touch through Blogland.  Wishing you all the very best in whatever the future holds for you! 

CAS (Clean and Simple) cards are not always the easiest cards to make, everyone has their own idea of what CAS is.  
For me, it has to be white space ...... lots of it!!  One main focal point and minimal embellishments too.
The CAS Mix Up challenges always added that extra little twist which could sometimes make things difficult to keep to that CAS style.  
Every month was always fun though, so, I thought I'd share just a few of my favourite CAS makes over the last few years .........

CAS Stencil Challenge from October 2019 ........  the challenge was to use Foils with stencils


CAS Stencil Challenge again ...... November 2019 where we had to use Stencil Monoprinting (one of my favourite techniques)


CAS Mix Up from June 2020 ....... Embossing on Vellum for a Mixed Media challenge.  CAS but I did add a few ink splatters onto the background


November 2020 it was a Watercolour challenge for CAS Mix Up, and the theme was Off the Edge ..... something I do quite a lot 


February 2021 the theme was Heat Embossing and we also had to use stencils .....

 
April 2021 ...... it was my turn to host the CAS Mix Up challenge, and I chose Paper Piecing (a great way to use up all those scraps of patterned papers!)


And finally from February this year the Faux Cloisonne Mixed Media Challenge.  A new technique for me, using glossy magazines to stamp on and then heat emboss.
 

Thank you to everyone that played along with the CAS challenges it was always a pleasure to see your entries in the gallery.  
And again, huge thanks to Loll, who worked so hard organising these challenges and is such an amazing, crafty inspiration!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time ........

5 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Linda. I LOVED your look back at your favourite DT cards from some of our wonderful challenges. You have been an inspiration to me for so many years that I have followed you. You blew me away with an amazing tag you made for one of my Christmas challenges and I think that's the time we started chatting with each other. I will miss the challenges, but will keep up as much as possible with you and the rest of our amazing designers. Thanks again for all your amazing cards you made for the challenges. Love, Loll

Bonnie said...

It's been such fun to be on a Design Team with you, Linda! We'll always be friends and I'll be by often for inspiration! Gorgeous cards, my friend!

nancy littrell said...

I am loving your sweet and inspiring post of some of your favorite and gorgeous CAS Mixed Media and CAS Christmas Card Challenge cards, Linda. I have so enjoyed your challenge cards and your fun traveling and family photos and stories. I have been following you for years and will definitely be keeping in touch, my friend. I am already looking forward to all the photos of your beautifully decorated Christmas trees, inspiring Christmas cards, stories and much more. TFS and always inspiring all your friends...Love and hugs...Nancy

Viv said...

A great idea to showcase your lovely cards Linda. I am really going to miss everyone. xx

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful way to round off your time with CAS Mix Up. your cards are always fabulous and it is so nice to be reminded of some of them again. We will all miss it xx