Saturday 17 December 2022

Just one week to go .......

Happy weekend! ........

I hope you're all well, and that you've had a good week.  It's been a bit of a chilly one here.   
We've had freezing temperatures all week, wintry showers with snow here and there, but that's mostly been up on the mountain, and lots of ice around. Thankfully we didn't have to go too far, and hubby is still working from home so we could stay off the roads pretty much.
I wonder if we'll have a white Christmas ..... now that would be nice!

Speaking of the big day ...... this time next week it will be Christmas Eve!!!!!  Are you all ready?

The food prep has started here (yum!), and the gift wrapping has begun. (Note to self ..... next year make a list of where you've hidden everything you've bought!!!!) 
And guess what ...... the Christmas cards are all done ..... whoo hoo!!!  (I don't think I've forgotten anyone!)

I finished off with another quick and easy design, and look, I'm using up more of my coloured cardstock


Tall and slim this time, using the Gina K stamps again, from this years Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember ..... I do love a nice snowflake!

I stamped the large snowflake with Versamark ink, and then heat embossed in white ...... so pretty!


I then took an ink pad that was a similar shade to my cardstock (I think it was Peacock Feathers Distress ink) and inked top and bottom of the card to give a sort of spotlight effect around the snowflake.
I splashed a little water over the ink, let it sit for a few seconds and then mopped up the excess with a paper towel to give a touch of extra detail to the background before splattering white paint over the top to give a snowy look


To finish off, I added just a tiny touch of glitter to the snowflake and then drew a line with a Stardust Gel Pen to make it look as though the snowflake was hanging from the top of the card


Really simple to do, and perfect for slim cards.

Well that's the last of my Christmas cards for 2022 ....... made, written and posted!
I know I say this every year but, I am going to start early next year!!

Thanks for popping by ...... have a lovely weekend.  
Now, what's next on the list!

Cheerio until next time ....... 

5 comments:

Loll said...

Your white snowflake is stunning against the deep colour of your card base. Simply gorgeous card, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

Another beautiful Christmas card, Linda! I received your card yesterday and I LOVE that stunning black and gold with all those splatters! Thank you and Merry Christmas week, my friend!

nancy littrell said...

I do Love your beautiful and easy hanging heat embossed ornament card with the colored CS and bit of ink sponging, Linda. So easy and yes, perfect for a slim card. Have a wonderful time celebrating Christmas week with family and friends. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Mrs.B said...

A stunning snowflake and the white embossing looks fabulous against the blue.
Here's hoping you have a lovely Christmas (and your trees survive little Arthur)
Best Wishes, Avril xx


HilaryJane said...

What a great design and fabulous splatters. Wishing you a very merry Christmas xx