Saturday 3 June 2023

Welcome to June .......

Happy weekend ........

Welcome to June!   Can you believe we're almost half way through 2023 ....... it's crazy!

I hope you've had a good week.  It's been absolutely glorious here.  We've had beautiful blue skies, and warm sunny days all week, it's been great!! 


Perfect weather for all the islands TT visitors.  
We were up at the Grandstand earlier in the week, to soak up a little bit of the atmosphere ......


grab a cheeky beer, or two, in the Trackside bar .......


and of course, pick up this years stash from the Merchandise tent!


Just need to catch some actual racing now!

Because the sun's been shining I haven't spent any time in the craft room this week ..... naughty of me I know, especially as I should be in there ........... deadlines are approaching!!  Dare I say it ..... Christmas is coming!!!!!  More on all that later.

I have got a little something to share with you though, a journal spread I did before we went away.


This was an online workshop with the lovely JOFY (Jo Firth-Young), started way back in the days of lockdown, and I've only just got around to finishing it (I've actually got a few of those!!)

That's the good thing about the online workshops, once you've signed up to them, the content is always there.  So, if you don't get chance to do them live, you can go back and finish them whenever you like.

I really enjoyed playing around with this, spending a few hours using paints and stencils, and pretty patterned papers, which is something I don't use very often these days (maybe that will all change now!)


creating my little garden of flowers.

 
The flower heads are all hand drawn onto the papers, and then fussy cut and layered together, in true JOFY style, to create these bold, funky styled, blooms ...... love them!


To make them stand out, each one was finished with some penwork, outlining each of the petals and adding little doodled details here and there.


I finished off my pages with some paint splatters and a couple of stamped words and I also added a little ladybug, stamped onto a snippet of card and layered onto one of the leaves ..... so cute!


You can see in the background that some of the stencil work has also been highlighted using a white gel pen ....... small detail but so effective.  Helps to create the look of more layers which is what this workshop was about.

This really was so much fun to do, and what a great way of using up all those pretty patterned papers!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy your weekend.
I can just about hear the roar of the bikes ........ time to start the racing!

Cheerio until next time ......

2 comments:

Loll said...

Your JOFY Journal pages are amazing, my friend! So much to look at ... I could stare at them for hours and still not see everything. Especially love the white outlining of the stencil images. So creative and fun --- definitely will give that a try! xx

Bonnie said...

I love your bright, happy paper pieced flowers, Linda! These pages look like they were such fun to do and give such a happy vibe!