Thursday 16 November 2017

Welcome to 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll and Friends ..... Day 11

Whoo hoo! .... hello again

Welcome to Day 11 of one of my favourite Blog events of the year.  Yes ......Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends is currently underway .......


When Loll invited me to be one of her Guest Designers again this year I immediately said Yes!
It's always a pleasure to be part of this fun event ....... and you all know how much I love making tags!


I'm loving Kraft card at the moment and I think it goes so well with white to give a real snowy look.


I cut my tag and heat embossed in white, some pretty snowflakes onto the background .....


and then added some texture paste through the Tim Holtz Speckles stencil .... I love using this to create the look of falling snow.  I sprinkled the texture paste with fine crystal glitter while the paste was still wet to add a touch of sparkle

White ink around the edges, applied with a stencil brush, finishes off the snowy sky.

I die cut some white card stock with the CUTplorations Stitched Snow Hills dies and layered the pieces onto the bottom of the tag, stamping and heat embossing the sentiment in gold


I finished off the tag by adding a beautiful die cut snowflake .... cut from white card and glitter card, layering them together to add dimension ...... isn't it pretty!  I think it's a Memory Box snowflake but I'm not sure ..... I haven't got the packaging!!


A simple white pearl in the middle adds the final touch.

I hope you're enjoying the Tag event as much as I am.  There's been some amazing tags created by Loll and her Guests over the last 10 days and it's not over yet.
There's still time to play along ....... just create a mixed media Christmas tag, any size, any style, which includes rubber stamping, plus two mixed media elements ..... that can be mixed media products or techniques.  Go on ...... join in the fun!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I've been busy prepping a workshop today for the weekend ..... we're going to be playing around with Galaxy Backgrounds ....... it could be a messy one!

Cheerio until next time ........

19 comments:

Loll said...

I had never thought about Kraft being a colour that is elegant. I do now after seeing your beautiful snowflake tag above, and the lovely winter scenes you made last year. This is so pretty with the embossing paste falling snow and that gorgeous large glitter snowflake. Amazing design, as always! Thanks so much for being a Guest Designer, my friend!! xx

Bunny said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love that you added layers to the snowflake to make it thicker. It really stands out. Lovely gold embossing. [Bunny]

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Linda! I'm loving kraft and white right now too, so you couldn't have chosen a prettier color combo in my opinion! And the touch of gold and silver adds so much elegance! Lovely, lovely tag!! :0)

Susan said...

What a beautiful tag! Love the embossed stenciling with the extra white ink added for the background - great with the stamped and die cut snowflakes. I've pinned this as I want to CASE it for a card! Aren't we honoured to get to be Guest Designers for Loll's tag event? I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's creations.

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous tag, Linda! I love that hanging snowflake and snowy white on kraft is a favorite of mine too!

Ina G said...

Oh Linda your snowfalked tag is to die for. Love how simple it is with such a spectacular result. Love it! Sound like a fun workshop - love to be there.

Redanne said...

You do everything so well Linda - but IMHO you definitely excel at Christmas - the white on the kraft looks amazing and the snowflake is gorgeous!!! Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on being Loll's guest designer x The kraft and white is perfect together and love the subtle bling on your gorgeous tag x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous kraft and white color combo for your beautiful heat embossed snowflakes and die cut snowflake. All such creative mixed media beauty my friend. TFS Linda. Hugs

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your tag is absolutely stunning! I love it!!

MelissaF said...

Beautiful tag, LOVE the white on kraft with some sparkling snowflakes!

Nstiz said...

Linda, this tag is just gorgeous! I never even though of using kraft but love the results of your artistry. This is just beautiful!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, so elegant, love the frosty effect of the embossing paste and the beautiful snowflake :)

Julia Aston said...

Your white snowflakes look wonderful against the kraft tag Linda! Love the pearl center and all the glitter!

Arlene said...

The kraft is a perfect background for your snowflakes. Beautiful tag.

Pat said...

I do love kraft with white and that gorgeous large glittery snowflake makes the perfect central image, and together with the white snow slopes and the other smaller snowflakes and snow fall add to this lovely design Linda. x

shy324 said...

So elegent yet rustic st same time. I love the shabby sheek look.

Darnell said...

Thank you for this amazing tag inspiration, Linda! I love the white on kraft!! Hugs, Darnell

BożenA said...

Your tag is so cute, Linda !! Paper crafting makes the white elements not very contrasting, but at the same time they are so beautifully highlighted. Coloration edges textural paste by stencil makes the whole becomes hazy. I love this dreamy effect. White snowflake with pearl looks stunning. Exceptional tag, Linda!