Friday 20 April 2012

Happy Friday!

Hi everyone,
What a lovely day we're having over here in the Isle of Man. I do hope it stays like this for the weekend.  Lauren and Alex arrive this evening and it would be great if we could get out and about and maybe spend some time on the beach with them.  Not only that, this morning the other half  placed our first order this year for fresh lobster.  Looks like the BBQ's being fired up tomorrow. They'll be caught in the morning, and cooked in the afternoon  - mmm ..... surf and turf on the menu I think.   Not quite sure how Alex will react to his Grandad cooking a live lobster!!?

I know I should have been doing other stuff today, like housework,  but, I somehow found myself in my craft room first thing.  Well it did need tidying, and I also had a friend coming round this morning to craft, so I had to make some space.  I came across my trial run for yesterdays LIM card and I didn't want to throw it away so I made it into a card.  I stayed with the blog challenge theme of doodling, however it wasn't one layer.
definitely not one layer
This is how I usually doodle on my cards, lots of faux stitching around the edges.  I also added the cute little bee to make up the sentiment - 'Bee Happy!' and finished it all off with a bit of sparkle. The 'happy' was doodled/hand written too.  As usual the inside was decorated to match.

You can see in the pictures the lovely blue skies we've got today.  Hope the weather is nice where you are, and if not, then I hope my happy card made you smile.

Have a great weekend, and I'll see you next week.

Linda
x




4 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, I knew it was a 'Happy' card!
Looks great with the addition of the bee.
Have a geat weekend.
Avril xx

Carole said...

Lovely card Linda, and I can see the lovely blue sky. Thanks for the visit and your heartfelt comments. Have a great week-end Linda.

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Oh this is super Linda! I love the borders and the addition of the bee :)Love it! Sarah x

Aileen said...

Love the doodling and the layers. It is a happy summery card. x