Friday 27 April 2012

It's all go over here ....

Hello there Blog Buddies,
It's a little late for me I know.  I don't usually blog at bedtime but I've been out this evening and I wanted to try and post this before midnight. Not happening though!! Never mind, it won't be much after.
It seems like a lot has gone on since I last posted. Not a lot of crafting I'm afraid, just everyday life.  Where do I start.
We had a lovely few days with Lauren and Alex.  They arrived on Friday evening and I don't think I sat still until they left on Tuesday afternoon - I loved every minute of it!
The weather was great all weekend so Saturday saw the BBQ fired up for the first time this year.  Cooking outside is Stephen's responsibility, I try not to get involved. He likes being in charge of the BBQ.  On the menu this weekend - fresh lobster! 
Alex wasn't so sure about them when we got them out of the box, but he enjoyed eating them later.


While we were out on Saturday, Grandad decided to buy Alex a football.  Not quite what I had in mind, but at least the boys had fun ........











 We managed to spend some time on the beach too.  It's a lovely little beach down in Laxey, and it's never busy.  Alex didn't used to like the waves and would never stand in the water, but we didn't seem to have that problem this time.  He wanted to collect pebbles in his bucket and then throw them into the sea, only problem was he hadn't picked up many and as the pebbles are no where near the water, we had to keep fishing them back out again.  The water was a little bit chilly, to say the least.




I did manage to get into my craft room for a short while.  I wanted to get Alex's hand and foot prints onto paper.   It wasn't easy, he wasn't too keen on putting his hands, or his feet, into the paint.  Stephen came in just as I was painting Alex's foot with a paintbrush, and the quote of the weekend was ....

(Stephen) ...  "why are you painting his feet blue?"
(Me)  ......     "because he won't stand in the blue paint!"

At that point Stephen quickly turned around and left.  I think he thought we'd lost the plot!
It worked, we just had to scrub Alex's hands and feet a little afterwards.  The idea is to scrapbook  them along with a lovely poem I have from Clarity Stamps.  I'll let you see when they're done - no promises when that will be though.  It's taken me 12 months nearly to do 5 pages!!  It's definitely a work in progress.
The next few weeks are going to be a little busy I think, so I probably wont be posting on here as much as I'd like.  First off, we pick up a car at the weekend.  That should keep the other half busy for a while - new toy and all that!  Then, I should really start packing as we're moving on the 15th May. But before that we're squeezing in another trip to the UK for the weekend (another craft show - yeah!). Busy, busy, busy.

Well, my computer says its 12.14 so I'm not that late.   I will be back again tomorrow, or should I say later today, with some crafty posts this time.   I've done a couple of Blog challenges that need to be in by Friday evening

Night, night.

Linda
x







No comments: