Tuesday 30 October 2012

Everything comes at once!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post this morning.  I have a busy couple of days coming up so I may not get chance to blog again before the weekend.  Didn't want you all thinking I'd forgotten about you!
I'll be busy locked in the old craft room, not allowed out until everthing's finished.  Good job I'm feeling a little better this morning.

After a bit of a slow start yesterday,  I did manage to get a few things finished and out of the way.  Just as well, as I found out that Kay from Indigo Blu is back on our TV screens on, wait for it ........ Saturday.  So you've guessed it I'm busy doing DT stuff.
On top of that I have some wedding invites to mock up before we go across to the UK next week, and my brother has asked if I can make a special Christmas card for him to send.  No pressure then.

I've finished off my Dylusions projects from the weekend .............


I made another little wall hanging, this time in autumnal colours.  Again some of the leaves have been coloured using the inks directly from the bottle, then layered up to add dimension.

Little Ruby (the Gorjuss Girl) has been stamped and coloured with Copics, then cut out and attached as though her swing is in the trees.  I've used another of the borders from the Dylusions 'Around the Edge' stamps set and the words are from a set called 'The Right Words'

The other item I made was a hinged tag.  I love making oversized tags, this one is approx 31/2 inches by 7 inches, with the bottom inch and a half cut way.

 
The hinged tag originally came from an idea by the talented Hels Sheridan, I think. 
I was inspired to try them by one of my Blog friends, the lovely Anne. She's made a few of these now and they're stunning.  Check out her wonderful blog  here.

Ah well!  As much as I'd love to stay and chat I really should be making a start in the old craft room.  The clock is ticking!!

Before I go though, here's a couple more pages from my Altered Art Dictionary.......  I'm back in the swing of things.

poinsettia

Santa Claus

Thanks for popping by today.  Enjoy your Tuesday, and I'll be back later in the week.

Have fun

Linda
x

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Lovely wall hanging. These images are as they say gorjuss! Beautiful creations. x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, didn't realise I had missed so much - you have been busy. Gorgeous colours on these hangings.
Avril xx