Wednesday 31 October 2012

It's Halloween ........ whoooooooo!


Morning everyone,

Can someone please slow down this week, it's going far too fast for my liking.  Too much to do, and not enough time to do it in ........  arghhhhhh!!!


I'm still busy with DT stuff.  I need to get everything done and dusted by this evening, then it's off to the post office first thing Thursday, so that Kay will get them on Friday ready for the show on Saturday.   Phew!  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.


Are you looking forward Halloween?  I must admit I am - I'm off out!  No, not on a broomstick ....... we're off to Castletown on a Ghost Tour around Castle Rushen.
The Castle was originally built for a Norse King in 1265, and during it's time it's been used as a fortress, a royal residence, a mint and even a prison.  It's said to be haunted by a Grey Lady, who was hanged there for killing her son.  She claimed she was innocent but no-one believed her.  Later it was found that the boy had died from natural causes, but of course it was too late.  
She is said to be seen most frequently by the drawbridge, sometimes with a small boy.  Other sightings have been reported in the Eagle Tower at the top of the castle, and also in the dungeon below.   Spoooooky!!!
We don't start the tour until 9.30pm so it's going to be very late when we get out (if we get out !???!)

I managed to get my pumpkins done, although they're not very scary.  See what you think.

Enjoy your day, and if you are doing anything special this evening - have fun.

See you again soon.



Happy Halloween!
Mwahahahaha….
 


 Linda
x

1 comment:

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, Happy Halloween, and enjoy your castle tour. Let me know if you see the grey lady. ( I just look in the mirror , and I see her!!!) . Hope you have got all your samples done, looking forward to seeing them on Saturday... Fab new stamps... Hugs x