Monday 15 October 2012

Happy Monday!

Morning everyone,

Hope you all had a nice weekend, and are raring to go on another crafty week.  As usual, I've loads to be getting on with, and I really want to make a start on some Christmas cards this week.
I was in town at the weekend and the shops are already starting to look that little bit festive - it's a bit early for me to be honest, we haven't had Halloween yet!
I must confess however,  I did look at a some Christmas card designs, just for inspiration.  They've given me a few ideas so hopefully I'll get some time later in the week to make a start.  I'll keep you posted.

I didn't spend as much time in the old craft room as I'd planned for this weekend, but I did manage some.  I had a play with my new Dylusions Inks that Lauren brought over for me.  It got a bit messy in there I can tell you.  But, I've got some lovely backgrounds ready to use.

Speaking of which, I used one on my In the Pink entry for their latest Blog Challenge. I thought I'd try the pink one first, it's such a fab colour.  In fact all 12 are simply stunning.  That had always been my problem, which ones do I go for first, so in the end I just got the lot! It had to be done!
I'd better get a move on as I'm just in the nick of time for this challenge, thank goodness.  Well, I couldn't miss doing this one could I,  seeing as I was one of the Perfect Pinkies in the last challenge.

Our recipe this time is ........ PINK PLUS ONE.
We have to use loads of Pink in our designs, plus one other colour.
I went for the PINK and BLACK combination - always very girlie I think.
Pink plus one - Black
The chandelier stamp is from Stamp Addicts and is a gorgeous large solid image.  I stamped it using Onyx Black Versafine and then quickly sprinkled it with a sparkly black embossing powder to make a real statement.  You can just about see the sparkle in the picture.
The white card was then cut to size and inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink quite close to the stamped image.  The edges were then inked again using Picked Raspberry DI to give a little shading.
The pink background was created with Dylusions Bubblegum Pink spray ink sprayed onto a piece of white card that had already been spritzed with water.  Perfect Pearls was then spritzed over the top and a piece of
cling film scrunched over the whole thing, and left overnight to dry.
When you remove the cling film, all the mica from the Perfect Pearls has settled in the creases giving a lovely pearl effect to the card - really pretty.
All the stamping was done in Black Versafine, the flourish is from Baroque Motifs, a Stampin Up! set, and the word 'Dream' is from a Kaisercraft Clear stamp set.
Just to give it an even more feminine look I added some gorgeous paper roses and a piece of gathered black tulle.
There may be a few different shades of pink, but I think I've kept to the Pink Plus One rule, what do you think?

I suppose I'd better get back to the old craft room.  I'm determined to get loads done this week.

Thanks for popping by today.  And Thank You all for your lovely comments last week, you really make me smile. xx

See you soon
Linda
x

6 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, I keep meaning to say I love your Christmas countdown, it's brilliant. Also love your beautiful card. That Dylusions Bubble Gum is certainly a gorgeous colour and the black stamping looks amazing against it! Hope you have a happy crafty week. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Patricia said...

Good Evening,
Love the Christmas Countdown and I LOVE the card.
The colours are just stunning

Patricia

Jo Rice said...

Evening Linda, love this pink, girly card..I think the pink and black look stunning, hope your crafty week goes well. Hugs. X

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Linda - what stunning colouring! Love the cling-film technique, and the gorgeous chandelier - so elegant and classy.

Congratulations on winning a Perfect Pinkie Badge in our last challenge, and thank you for joining us again.
Sylvia x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, just catching up, this is a fabulous coloured background, love the sparkle with the PPs.
Avril xx

Aileen said...

A fab elegant card. Gorgeous pink. x