Monday 8 October 2012

It's Twinchie Time!

Happy Monday everyone, (what's left of it)

Hope you all had a good weekend.  As usual it was over far too quickly. 
I've got a really busy week again this week - nothing changes there then!  And I just can't seem to get going at all.  It could have something to do with a little distraction I have at the moment, called Alex! 
I'll apologise now if this post doesn't make sense, but it's really hard to concentrate when there's a little person riding around the kitchen on his Gruffalo trunki!
And you've got Thomas the Tank Engine in the background, for the 28th time this afternoon!!  It's going to seem so quiet when he goes home on Wednesday.

I thought I'd start this week off with a quick Blog Challenge entry, seeing as I didn't do any last week. 
Yes, it's that time again over at Show Us Your Twinchie
It's Challenge #7 and the theme is ANYTHING GOES, which means we can pretty much put what we like on there, as long as it's still only 2inches x 2inches.  The DT have already come up with some fabulous designs.

Here's mine .......
Talk about using up left over bits.  The words are the only thing I did specifically for this.  The butterfly was a spare from a challenge weeks ago and the black, Fran-taged 2x2 was cut from a piece of card left over from something I did last week, which I can't show you yet!
The words are from a set of Dylusions stamps which arrived in the old craft room last week (latest ebay purchases!) and had to be used straight away.
 
Well, that's one job done this week.  Unfortunately though my 'To Do' list just keeps growing and growing.  Never mind, I'll eventually get to the end, sometime!

We had a lovely afternoon out yesterday.  We went for a walk in one the National Glens on the island - Groudle Glen.
It was so pretty down there, and so quiet.

There's quite a few of these glens on the island, Stephen says he intends to walk them all.  We've done a few of them, and they're all different. 
Groudle Glen runs from Onchan, all the way down to the sea. There's a railway line that's open during the summer months which takes you up to the tea rooms at Sea Lion Rocks.  And in December they run 'Santa Trains' into the glen which take you to see the big man himself.
walking with Grandad

look Grandad ........ is that a bird?
If you're interested, you can find more info on Groudle Glen on Wikipedia




the Little Isabella
strange looking funghi
Lauren's 'arty' shot




time for a Tic Tac


Towards the end of the Glen we came across this guy.  He was amazing, someone's been busy. It looks as though he's been carved from an actual tree, recently, as the date 2012 was carved into the back of him.
Not quite sure who is, Stephen thought perhaps he was the island's mythological sea God - Manannan.

The glen does run all the way to the sea after all ....

Phew!  That was a long post.   If you're still reading, well done!  I promise I'll keep things shorter for the rest of the week.

Have a lovely evening. and I'll see you again soon.

Linda
x

11 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Love your twinchie in black and white. Never been to the Isle of Man but it does sound interesting!!

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, what a brilliant read and such great photos, I have never been to your Island but your posts make me want to come....and what an amazing carving...enjoy your family time...nearly went without saying,, your Twinchie is brilliant...x

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, love, love your twinchie but then I adore Fran-tage and butterflies so it is right up my street, it is gorgeous. Great photos, I love learning so much about the beautiful island you live on. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Eileen said...

Super stuff here ... Fab twinchie Linda and I so enjoyed looking at the wonderful pictures as well ... great posting !
Eileen xxx

Zoe said...

Love your twinchie, and looking at your fab pictures, thank you joining in over at Show us your twinchies challenge, good luck Hun xx Zoe DT xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous twinchie Linda, I'm loving the frantage at the moment. Looks like a fab trip to the IOM X

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Love the twinchie, and great when you can use up 'leftovers'
Gorgeous pics of your day out, and Alex is so cute.
Avril xx

Barbara said...

I adore that twinchie, so cute.....must find some of those sentiment stamps. I love your pics too, it looks such a beautiful place to walk. I'm already a follower of this blog, and like to pop in when I have a minute
Barbara DT x

Julia said...

That is a beautiful twinchie and an interesting post too. The Isle of Man has been on my wish list of places to go for some time, thanks for sharing your pics.
Julia

Suze Bain said...

What a fabulous twinchie, and fab photos too. Looks like a magical place. x

Kate M said...

Fab twinchie
Kate
xx