Thursday 11 October 2012

It's oh so quiet .....

Hi everyone,
Lauren and Alex flew back home last night so it's very quiet around here this morning.  I didn't get my early morning wake up call that I've been used to for the last few days.  
This morning it's a quick tidy round, load up the washing machine, then it's off to the old craft room for me.  I've quite a bit to catch up on, so I'm going to be in there a while.  I've got  DT stuff to do.  It's my first project for Sam over at Creative Studios, and I haven't quite decided on what to do yet.  Hope the old mojo hasn't decided to take off and have a break. It's to go on the Blog tomorrow!

The craft room hasn't been totally neglected while Alex was here.  We spent a little bit of time in there  the other day.  Alex found a copy of Craft Stamper magazine (start him on with best) which still had the free stamp on the cover.  Of course he wanted the stamp, so Grandma showed him what to do with it.
It didn't take him long to get the hang of things, although I do think he had more ink on his fingers than on the stamp.
We also did a spot of baking that day too.  Alex chose the recipes ........
we made scones and biscuits ......
of course, there's none left, I didn't even get chance for a picture!
Alex even found time to feed the birds with Grandad ......
........ until he spotted the football

Sorry there's no crafty pictures to see again today.  Normal service will resume shortly, I promise.
I do have a post over on the Craftwork Cards Blog today though if you really need a craft fix.  It's the last of my Memory Lane samples, and don't forget the competition is still running.  Just leave me another comment today, to be in with a chance of winning.

I'm going to leave you today with a few pictures from another of the National Glens on the island.  We walked this one yesterday - Ballaglass Glen, halfway between Laxey and Ramsey.
Again, it's a beautiful walk, and even though we didn't have the sunshine yesterday it was still very pretty down there.
 



The river Cornaa rushes like a rapid through the glen, with waterfalls and rock pools along the way.  And of course, we had to get in the middle of it.  There are lots of flat areas, large rocks, where you can stand and get up close and personal with the water.  It didn't take long for both Lauren and Stephen to get down there, and of course Alex had to follow.
what's down there Grandad?

He wasn't too sure about it once he got down there.  The water was moving pretty fast though.

Lauren managed to get hold of the camera, whilst stood in the middle of the river
 and she sneaked a rare photo of me
Well, that's another Glen off the list.  I'm beginning to feel like the IOM tourist board giving all these details of places to go and things to see.  Hope I'm not boring you all.  I know some of you enjoy  reading about the island, thank you for all your lovely comments.  It is a beautiful place to be, most of the time.

Speaking of time ..... it's time I wasn't here.  My craft desk is calling and, I've just heard the postman push something throught the letterbox.  I'm expecting a couple of craft deliveries - maybe it's one of those.
Enjoy you day whatever you're up to and I'll see you all again soon - hopefully with something to share.

Bye for now
Linda
x

6 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gosh Linda that is quite an action packed few days, Alex has more activities going on than me...how wonderful though to spend such quality time, a young Tim Holtz in the making, then on to Master Chef then the next Bear Grills then in his pare time Footballer of the year!!...oh to be young again...delightful Linda...Mel :)

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, well I for one, would never get tired of your tours, they are wonderful. I love that shot of the water with the autumn leaves at the front - gorgeous. Yes, it must be quiet now, but a few days in your craft room will help. Going over to CC now. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog too, I really appreciate you taking the time. A x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Linda, I just love to read your blog and have a free trip around the IOM , your photos are fab and I look forward to seeing what you get up to in your craft room. Hugs. Jo. X

Aileen said...

Lovely pics Linda. I enjoyed reading your post. x

Barbara said...

More lovely photos Linda, your grandson is so cute. I too love having visitors, but it's so nice to get back into my craft room when they've gone, without feeling guilty :)

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous pics Linda, hadn't realised what a beautiful place the IOM is, so I for one enjoy the 'tours'
Avril xx