Tuesday 23 October 2012

Less Is More

Morning everyone,

Are you well?  I'm struggling with a flippin' cold at the moment.  Well, it's not actually a full blown cold as such, I've just got this tickly cough that comes at night, just when I go to bed.  It  keeps me awake, and then leaves me with a stuffy nose and a sore throat for the day - delightful little bug!
At least I don't have to go anywhere this week, so I can stay nice and warm tucked away in the old craft room.

Todays card is for the latest challenge over at Less is More
It's Week 90, and we have a Theme 
AUTUMN

We can take our inspiration from the colours, the festivals, seasonal images etc., but, we still have to keep things Clean and Simple (CAS), and leave lots of white space.

This is my favourite season of the year, I love Autumn.  It's time to get those winter woolies out, dust off your boots and dig out your scarf and gloves.  No more salads either.  The slow cooker's out of the cupboard and it's roasts and stews on the menu- yummee!!   We also have Halloween just around the corner too, looking forward to that.
I love the Autumn colours too, all those golden browns, oranges and shades of red, alongside the evergreens, just stunning!

I think I've used all of the above Autumn colours on my LIM card.

I masked off an area using post-it notes and then blended Distress Inks for my background - Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, Aged Mahogany, Forest Moss and a little bit of Gathered Twigs.  Then, with the masks still in place, I used the same inks to stamp the leaf randomly over the background.  I love this little stamp from the Stampin Up! set 'Autumn Days'.  Unfortunately I think this set was one of those that got retired last month, which is a shame. 
The sentiment is one of my recent purchases from Inkylicious and I think it describes Autumn perfectly.

I decided to decorate the envelope too.  Haven't got anyone in mind to send this to yet, but when I do, it's all ready to go.

I think the other half is coming home for lunch todayI'd better get a move on soon, I'm still in my PJ's! (not that it's lunchtime yet but, I can at least look like I've been busy!)
We had a minor disaster last night.  I went to make the dinner and I noticed that the freezer door wasn't closed properly.  The last person to use the freezer was Chris (our son).  He made himself a pizza in the early hours of Monday morning, after coming in from a night out.  You know what it's like, late night drinking means early morning munchies.  Well, he mustn't have closed the door properly - muppet!!
You can imagine my reaction.  It was like the North Pole in there.  There was ice everywhere, but some of the food inside had started to defrost. 
Dinner had to wait, all the food had to be transferred to my second freezer in the garage.  Thankfully there wasn't much that had to be thrown away, but I now have a fridge full of stuff that needs eating pretty quickly.
That's one of the reasons why Stephen is coming home for lunch - there's a load of smoked salmon in the fridge!!
I remember Chris doing this sort of thing once before.  He was only about 2 at the time, and he had a thing for switching off plugs.  It was a lot worse that time, we didn't notice for a couple of days, everything was ruined, and the freezer was FULL!  They don't get any better as they get older do they!?
Looking on the bright side, it's one of my 'Jobs To Do Before Christmas' done at least.  I always defrost the fridges and freezers before the big shop for the festive food.  I've just done it about 6 weeks early.

The Autumn theme continues tomorrow as it's 12 Tags of 2012 time (that's not easy to say!).  Yes, October's Tag is finished - whoo hoo!

Thanks for popping by today.  Enjoy your Tuesday.

Linda
x

13 comments:

Sarah said...

What a stunning card Linda. Autumn is my favourite season too. Regarding the freezer incident. This has happened to me on more than one occassion. My partner or my son being the culprit. What I did was salvage what I could by cooking it and putting it in the fridge. Hope you have a good day.

Sarah x

Jane Royston said...

What a beautiful card! Love that leaf stamp and the colours are gorgeous x

Sue said...

Very pretty autumnal card, Linda, it really captures the essence of autumn. The colours are lovely and that leaf stamp looks great! Love how you have decorated the envelope too. x

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, love the colours and the CAS style. Pretty envelope too, I never dot hat but it's so simple and looks so pretty!

Hugs
Brenda

Chrissie said...

What lovely autumn colours and a great bit of inking.
Super stamps too.
Thanks so much.
Chrissie
Less is More

Jo Rice said...

Yes, Linda I love Autumn too, and this card is just perfect. The colours are fab and tone together so well. Kids....don't you just love em!!!!!! Enjoy your salmon. X

Carole S said...

Hi Linda, I love your card, Brilliant Autumn colours and sentiment, great work. Love Carole Lockhart Stuart. :)XXX

GinaA said...

Super inked panel, love the card.

TAM said...

Loving your card - it captures the season perfectly

Redanne said...

Oh Wow Linda, I love this card, so simple but so colourful and just simply gorgeous! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Kate M said...

What a beautiful card this is - so classy and elegant and such beautiful Autumn colours.
Kate
xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this little leaf Linda and it looks beautiful in all its autumnal glory! I did have a chuckle at your son - I'm sure he will have convinced himself he was actually doing you a favour by now! Vicky x

Suzi B said...

Fabulous inky strip of autumn colour.. love the tumbling leaves
Suzi B :)