Friday 23 August 2013

Playing catch up again .....

Happy Friday!

What's this ...... twice in one week, I'm spoiling you.

Not much crafty stuff today I'm afraid, as you know this little guy took up most of my time over the weekend.


 We had to have a trip to the playground of course


Carousel rides with Grandad down in Silverdale Glen  (the carousel is powered by a water wheel, it's really cool)
We had to try out the big slide too.  And then of course there was the party on Sunday .......
lots of running around playing football, bouncy castles galore, and the biggest bouncy slide I've ever seen (for such a little guy).  He did get up there though .......


Wasn't too sure about coming down again ........


until he tried it .......


then we couldn't get him off ....... except for the face painting that is .......


Then is was straight back on there ....... (sorry about the picture quality - he was going at some speed!)


He's such a little sweetheart ....... and so chatty now.  He's given me a list of what he wants for his birthday (September), with Buzz Lightyear being at the top of the list (Good job he hasn't changed his mind - Buzz is all wrapped and ready to go!)  Then he's listed everything he wants Santa to bring for his train set.  Seems I'd better start shopping now!!

I have been busy with DT stuff since he went home.  I told you Kay was back on the telly this weekend.  IndigoBlu are taking part in this Bank Holiday Giveaway thingy on Create and Craft.  She's on at 10am and 4pm (I think that's right - check your TV guides to make sure) on Saturday 24th.  That's Sky channel 671/Freeview 36/Freesat 813 and Virgin 748.

It's a Christmas show with all the latest stamp designs, new samples to give you more ideas on how to use the stamps, and brand new demos from Kay, with lots of great tips and techniques.

Here's a couple of sneaky peeks of what I sent over yesterday .......

 

 
 

Speaking of Create and Craft, I'm in the new club magazine - whoo hoo!!!  My IndigoBlu Wedding Stationery designs have been published.  That's twice in two weeks ....... I'm absolutely over the moon!


My lovely DT buddy Clare is also in there, along with a couple of cards from Jo Rice.  Can't wait to get my hands on a copy and have a read.  Clare has kindly put one in the post for me, as I don't get a copy -  I'm not C&C Club member (hang my head in shame!)

Thank you for popping by today, sorry I've not had much to share with you, craft wise.  Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to try and get myself organised a little.  Well, I'm off across to the UK again on the 6th, and I need to get all my DT stuff done and ready to go.  I will be taking craft stuff with me this time though (we're in the car, on the ferry, so I can load up the old craft trolley and take it with me) I'm hoping to spend some inky time with my crafty buddies while I'm over there.

Oooh........ I do have some crafty stuff ..... I've posted on the Creative Studios DT Blog today if you fancy a look.  It's another Christmas Design using Sam's latest stamps.

Well, that's me done for this week.  We've got the Manx Grand Prix going on at the moment - 2 weeks of chaos again.  Practice Week finishes tonight, and Race Week starts tomorrow (joy!)   That means the roads will be closed from about lunchtime while the races are on.  We're right in the middle of the course so, unless we get out before they close the roads we won't be going anywhere.  I think a quick trip to the supermarket in the morning then it's off to the old craft room for the afternoon.  I can't think of a better way to spend the weekend ..... can you?!

Hope you have a lovely weekend, whatever you're up to.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Oh Linda how adorable is Alex, and it looks like you all had a fantastic time...your new samples look brill from the little sneaky peeps that you are given us...Have a great weekend, enjoy and catch up soon. X

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos of Alex - he's going to be so thrilled with his Buzz Lightyear!
I saw Kay on C&C demo-ing two of your fabulous cards. I agree with her, you are very clever indeed!