Wednesday 14 August 2013

Golden celebrations

Hellooo,

How is everyone? It's been a bit of a funny old week.  The weather is definitely changing (sad face), the heating actually came on a couple of mornings this week so it must be getting chilly.  Typical though, I've got Alex and Lauren coming over tomorrow, and we've a party to go to on Sunday so the weather was bound to change wasn't it!  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

I've actually got a card to share with you today - whoo hoo!  It was the in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversay on Saturday - Congratulations Mum and Dad.   That's a Silver wedding and a Golden wedding in the space of 2 weeks, that's a lot of wedded bliss!  They're actually away at the moment so they haven't seen the card yet - don't think they'll be checking my blog whilst they're celebrating on their Rhine River Cruise do you (hope not anyway)


I decided to keep it relatively clean and simple.  I used the Hero Arts Leafy Vines stamp and the sentiment is Today Tomorrow from Inkylicious   Both stamped using IndigoBlu Flitter Glu and then flaked in Chariots of Fire Mega Flakes - simples!


Now, would you believe I had to to the 'Happy Anniversary' on the computer.  Could I find a stamp in my stash - NO is the answer.  I don't have a 'Happy Anniversary' stamp - unbelieveable!!  Guess what I'll be buying at the next Craft show!  Anyway, I added the 50 and used the flake again.
A little bit of matting and layering, a pretty organza bow, with a resin rose and a couple of hat pins in the centre give a nice elegant finish, I think.


They're back home on Thursday, so hopefully it will be behind the door waiting for them.  They can keep the celebrations going a little longer.

Speaking of celebrating, I did a happy little dance around the craft room on Monday when this popped through the letterbox .......

Why? ........ well I'm in it this month.  Yes, I've been published (page 66) using the fabulous IndigoBlu products .... I'm so thrilled.


Oh well, must dash.  I've still a lot to get through before trouble arrives tomorrow.  No doubt Alex will want to spend time with Grandma in the craft room at some point.  That means all DT stuff needs to be finished or put out of the reach of small hands.  I'd better get a move on.

Just a couple of reminders ........ Craftwork Cards launch on Create and Craft today - 1pm and 7pm and also 5pm on Ideal World.
And Sam's on the telly too with Creative Studios ...... she's back at 2pm this afternoon on Ideal World.  It's all go!

I've also posted on the IndigoBlu DT Blog today, if you fancy some more crafty inspiration ....... 


Thanks for popping by today.  I'm not sure if I'll be back this week or not, I'm going to have my hands full ....
I'd better go and clear the desk.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx


4 comments:

Linda Page said...

Stunnng card Linda and your article in the mag is great too. Do you know if you print on coated card stock and chuck your embossing powder on as it come out (if you are quick) it will stick for you to heat xx

Redanne said...

Congratulations on being published!! Well done you! Your card is beautiful Linda, I think they will love it. Hugs, Anne x

Linda said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Linda.
Didn't Debbie Moore do an embossing powder to use with printed images - Print Magic I think it was called. But I do think if you printed onto coated cardstock, and you were very quick with your embossing powder it would work. I would also try using an anti-static bag before you print. let me know how you get on. Hugs .... Linda xx

Jo Rice said...

Morning Linda, ....love the card .....just perfect for a golden Wedding Anniversary...wow....50 years....and we thought we had done well to reach 25!!!!!
Have a good week with your little man....I know you will and Big Congratulations on being published....not before time....your work is always inspirational and Brilliant...hugs. Jo. X