Saturday 25 January 2014

3 out of 3!

Hi there,

Happy weekend ..... hope you're having a good one.  
It's been a bit chilly over here today ...... definitely the sort of weather for staying toasty warm indoors which is just what we're planning to do this weekend. 

I've been in the old craft room busy with Design Team stuff,  but I've managed to squeeze in ..... wait for it ....... some Christmas cards too!!!  Yes I'm on a roll, thanks to the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.  Not only have I put together an entry for this weeks challenge, I've even made some more of my Jingle Bells card from the first week in January.  Well, I'd die cut all the bells, and tied all the bows, and they've just been sat on my desk ever since.  If I hadn't done them now they would have disappeared under a pile of stuff or I would have put them somewhere 'safe' and then come November time I wouldn't have been able to find them, so I thought it best to get them done ...... it's four more for the festive box!  That gives me a grand total of (drumroll) ........... including today's ......... that makes SEVEN!!
At this rate all my Christmas cards will be done by July ...... well maybe not July ...... but I am hoping that by December I'll have a nice collection and all I'll need to do is write them and send.

For this week's challenge we had to use Colours, with Ribbon  ........


Use the colors Red, Vanilla, Kraft and

 Chocolate with Ribbon
  
Quite the list ....... After gathering all the ingredients together, here's what I came up with ..... a bit of a vintage feel this week.


The stamps I've used are from the Tim Holtz Deco Christmas set which came out last year.  
I think everything on the list is on there.  There's definitely Red ..... I stamped my own background card using the pretty little poinsettia stamp from the set, and Red Geranium Archival ink - one of the Wendy Vecchi colours.

  
The Vanilla is the the cardstock that I stamped the gentleman onto - and the actual cardblank.
I started out with vanilla cardstock then I added Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress inks, and also blended in a touch of Aged Mahogany around the edges.  I then used my favourite technique of flicking water over the inks to remove some of the colour to give a snowy background effect.


I've used Kraft cardstock to mat and layer, and the Chocolate part is the colour of ink I've used to stamp the lovely gent and his wreath ....... Potting Soil, another from the Wendy Vecchi Archival range.


And that's where the ribbon comes in ..... a sweet little bow tied using some co-ordinating vintage seam binding.

I've finished off with a sentiment, added some Fran-tage Chunky White Embossing powder to give the effect of falling snow, and some pretty die cut, red poinsettias ......


That's three weeks into the year and three Christmas card designs ....... let's hope I can keep it up.

Oh well, it's back to the DT stuff I suppose ...... the deadline is approaching fast.
Thanks for popping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Keep warm and craft is my advice.

Cheerio for now
 Linda
xx 

PS   I see that Blogger is playing with me again ....... don't ask me why the text is smaller than normal on this post.  I've tried all ways to change it but it's just not happening!  Hopefully things will be back to normal on my next post (fingers crossed!) 

17 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

I love that image! The details of your design and incredible!

Redanne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Linda, just love those touches of Fran-tage too. Hugs, Anne x

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous card. Love the vintage feel to it and the adorable little ribbon. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love how you turned the stamped layer so vintage-y. It came out wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful, vintage card, Linda! I love this image and the wreath with the tiny boy is adorable! A perfect font for the sentiment too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation! Love that silhouette image!

Heather North said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love everything about it.

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Beautiful card, I love the vintage image!
Rebecca.

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful old fashioned looking card! Love the images and all techniques you used to make this beautiful creation!

Susan Joyce said...

So elegant, such a wonderful vintage Holiday card. I love every design element. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, I love the vintage look. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

Sue said...

I love this card! I love the stamp set by Tim Holtz, too. The card turned out beautifully!

LeAnne said...

I LOOOOOOOVE this! This vintage image with the beribboned wreath is just fabulous! So glad you shared it with us! The snowy background is awesome too

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the HM honor from MM,Linda. There is no doubt that this brilliant card was going to be a winner!! Have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

oh gorgeous! I love this Linda! TFS! Into my faves!

Aileen said...

This is just lovely. x

Mrs.B said...

Stunning card Linda, love your choice of stamps with these colours. lovely use of the frantage for snow.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Avril xx