Thursday 30 January 2014

No I haven't left the country ......

Happy Thursday!

I thought it was time I took a quick 5 minutes to blog, just to let you know that I am still here, and I haven't left the country (as tempting as that sounds!)
It's not been a good week ..... Mr Mojo has deserted me and gone into hibernation I think!

With a deadline looming and only half a box of samples done I decided enough was enough yesterday.  I took a much needed break from my craft room and went AWOL!!!
I spent the afternoon with a group of  lovely ladies in someone else's crafty space.  It was so nice to just relax and play ...... I even tried something new!

This is what came home with me when we'd finished, thanks to the lovely Jill Poole whose craft room we took over for four hours or so ......


A pretty MDF heart, covered with Texture Paste and then stamped into while it was still wet.  It was then painted using Lumiere Metallic Acrylic paints, and touches of embossing  powder sprinkled over the top.  The whole thing was then gently heated to set the powder and dry the paint completely, and then finished with a smidgen of Treasure Gold to finish off the edges.  The end result is just gorgeous!!  It was a shame to cover it up really but I added a couple of metal charms and the pretty organza bow .....


and just a few of the Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.....

 
When I got home I added a magnet to the back of the heart and it's now sat on my fridge door ..... I love it!
The colours don't come across very well in the pictures, it's actually a really pretty pinky lilac shade with hints of gold and a blue shimmer (I won't make excuses about the lighting not being good etc., etc., it's probably just my bad photography again!)

Not only did I make the heart, but I also had a play, for the first time, with some Friendly Plastic.  Now I've had some of this stuff in my craft stash for ages (thanks to my good friend Sally-Jo), but just never got around to playing with it (like so many other things in there!), until yesterday when Jill  got us making centres to go in flowers on a card we'd made .......


How cool is that! ....... I know ...... you're probably all saying been there, done that ages ago - where have you been LindyLou????  but it was my first time ...... and I was well impressed!!  All we used was a bit of netting to push the Friendly Plastic through, and a piece of copper piping to cut the button shape .... simples.  When I got back yesterday the first thing I did was hunt down my FP stash (Thanks Sally-Jo!), so guess what I'll be doing when all my DT stuff's done!

Here's the finished card ...... a pretty little hidden slider card - something else I hadn't made in a while ....


As you can see, I had a lovely afternoon ...... thanks Jill.

It was back into the old craft room this morning ..... still got loads on the 'To Do' list and it's the last day of the month tomorrow ....... eeeek!!  No Tim Tag done yet either (oh no!!).

Thanks for popping by today.  Hopefully things will settle down a little towards the end of next week and I can try and get back to blogging a little more regularly.

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

3 comments:

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Great creations. The heart looks so effective.
Rebecca.

Yvonne said...

Two fabulous creations Linda. Sometimes it does you good to walk away and it looks as though you had a fabulous time.
I've never used FP - something I must try.
Have a lovely weekend xxx

Mrs.B said...

Great makes - glad you've enjoyed the afternoon. I've used FP, but never made a center for a card - love the idea.
Avril xx