Sunday 19 January 2014

Frosty .... the snowman

Good morning! 
Happy Sunday to you.

I can't believe I haven't blogged since Wednesday ...... it's not totally my fault though.  I've been having a spot of computer trouble ....... after Lauren decided to pour red wine over the keyboard on my laptop!!!!!!!
Not on purpose obviously, but still ..... not the best thing to do.  I hate seeing good wine go to waste! 
I think it's slowly sobering up .... poor thing.  There's just 3 or 4  keys that don't work now instead of the whole left hand side.  With any luck by the end of the weekend it'll be fully functional again - I need my trusty old laptop!

I'm keeping up with the one Christmas card per week ...... in fact I have prepped 4 more of the one I made last week (go me!!!).  They just need putting together when I get a spare 5 minutes .......... probably sometime in December (that's if I can remember where I've put them by then!)

I'm taking part in the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge again ..... well I couldn't not now could I, after receiving an Honourable Mention on last weeks challenge (it was my first time entering too!).  I was over the moon ...... it was 'happy dance around the craft room' time again.


Here's the latest festive make .......


This week's theme is .........
Use a Snowman or Snow People

My cute little snow guy is from Inkylicious, coloured in using Copic Markers.  He looks so happy with his pretty little Christmas tree ......


The sentiment is from the same stamp set, you also get some pretty little snowflakes too, and the trees in the background are a Clarity stamp

I've added a touch of colour to the sky using Stormy Sky Distress ink, and added some dots of fine glitter for falling snow...... brrrr!


I've a busy week coming up ..... on Tuesday we have a brand new theme on the Blog Challenge over at IndigoBlu (my lips are sealed until then).  The DT have also started a new feautre on the IB blog, a regular step by step post.  Each week one of the DT will post a project with detailed step by steps and pictures to follow, using the fabulous IndigoBlu products, not necessarily the new stuff either.  It's my turn on Wednesday, please feel free to pop over and see what I've been up to.  

Also, my lovely postie brought me a rather nice parcel on Saturday ...... full of brand new stamp designs from IndigoBlu ....... Kay's been busy again and there's lots of fabulous new rubber stamps for me to play with, I mean work with.  If, like me, you love the IB style, you're going to want, no NEED these ...... I'm saying no more!!!!

I've got another birthday on Friday ...... Chris this time.  He's back in Sheffield though so his cards are all done and sent. Just got his present to sort out ..... thank goodness for the internet!

Thanks for popping by today.  Enjoy what's left of the weekend and I'll see you again next week.

Cheerio fo now

Linda
xx

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Congrats on your Honorable Mention Linda - well done! Love this latest card too, he really does look a very happy chappy. Looking forward to seeing the new IB stamps now too...... Hugs, Anne x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image .xxx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Great Christmas card, love that jolly snowman - and a great background.
Congrats on the Honorable Mention.
Looking forward to the new IB stamps.
Hug, Avril xx

Kristie Goulet said...

Love this adorable skating snowman, Linda! Your coloring is super! Thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful, fun snowman, Linda! Perfectly colored! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Karen Davis said...

Love you skating snowman Linda. He looks fabulous on the scene you have created for him. Lovely colouring too. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Aileen said...

We'll done on your win and love your cheeky snowman for this card too. X

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love your fun and happy snowman. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Susan Joyce said...

Fantastic CAS Holiday card, I love the image and your colouring. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Craftychris said...

Fab card! I love the happy snowman! xx