Wednesday 15 January 2014

A piece of My Heart ......

Happy Wednesday!

Finally ...... a spare 5 minutes to sit down and blog.   It's coffee and cake time while I catch up with you guys - the last of the Christmas cake is about to disappear!

This week is flying by again.  As well as all the usual stuff,  there was a birthday on Monday - all sorted.  Chris went back to Uni on Tuesday, so that meant an expensive shopping trip on Monday afternoon.  I have another birthday on Friday (Lauren's this time) and I haven't even started the cards yet!  And then hubby has organised another poker night round at ours this evening ....... cards all day and cards in the evening!  Better get some tidying up done though, I've still got stuff everywhere.

I've been so busy the last couple of days that I forgot my little old Blog's birthday (shame on me!).  Yes,  Life in the Craft Lane was 2 yesterday ...... Happy Birthday Blog!
It still amazes me that so many of you enjoy reading my crafty ramblings, and other stuff.  I really do appreciate you all taking the time to visit and leave such lovely comments.

I've squeezed in a little Blog Challenge entry again for this week's  Less is More challenge.
It's everyone's favourite this week ..... ONE LAYER CARDS (eekk!!)  and the theme is .....

Hearts

Here's my take on the challenge ......


I haven't done cute for a while, and this little stamp caught my eye (Lauren's already claimed the card to send as her Valentine's)
Both the image and the sentiment are from a Penny Black 'T' for Transparent set called Piece of My Heart which I've had for ages.  I've just stamped them using Black Versafine ink then coloured the hearts with Barn Door Distress ink and a waterbrush.


I'm definitley in a 'touch of red' phase I think, which all started at the weekend when I made my ATC's for the next swap over on Julie's Blog .........


Oh well, I suppose the coffee break is over.  I really should be back in the old craft room making those birthday cards for Friday ........ I'll be in BIG trouble if they're not there first thing.

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

See you again soon

Linda
xx

9 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Linda, if it was your birthday on Monday, then belated birthday wishes to you! Your card is beautiful, those little hedgies are so cute. Happy Blogaversary too, you must have started about a month before I did. I always enjoy reading your posts, here's to another two years! Hugs, Anne x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Linda, Congrats on 2 yrs blogging!
Sounds like a busy week for you, but at lease you are ahead with with cute Valentine!
Avril xx

Doreen said...

This is just Gorgeous,lovely design,fab image.xxx

Linda said...

Thanks for your comments ladies.
It wasn't me with a birthday on Monday Anne, it was my Mother -in-Law, but thanks for the wishes anyway. xx

GinaA said...

Hi Linda, Great Idea for the LIM heart challenge, such a cute image and the red certainly makes it pop. Those Lips on your ATC's are just gorgeous.
Happy Blog Anniversary and thanks for your comment on my entry. xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

So sweet! Love the darling image and the touch of red Linda. Wonderful CAS design. Great take on the photo.

Deborah Frings said...

Super cute image and lovely sentiment! Fab!

Chrissie said...

What a sweet image!
Charming card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Darnell said...

Happy Second Birthday to your wonderful blog, Linda!! Your Valentine OLC is one of the cutest I have ever seen! It may be an older image, but it's a new one to me and I love it!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell