Friday 3 January 2014

Well it's started ok ......

Happy Friday, and a Happy 2014!

And hasn't she started with a bang!  My thoughts go out to those who are in the flooded areas ..... stay safe, warm and dry.

We haven't escaped over here, flood warnings are out all over the island and the unusally high tide around lunchtime today saw some streets flooded in Douglas, Ramsey and Castletown. And the ferries have been cancelled again so, it's a case of batten down the hatches and see it through.  We're going nowhere!  Check out these pictures on 3FM Isle of Man's Facebook page ....... scary!!

Things are slowly getting back to normal in the old craft room.  The door finally opened yesterday when I ventured in there.
What a mess!!  There's Christmas stuff everywhere, new stash piled high and DT stuff ready and waiting to be played with, I mean worked on!    That's my weekend sorted then.

2014 got off to a great start for me ........ I was amongst the winners in Tims' 12 Tags for December - whoo hoo!


Thank you so much to everyone that's visited my blog and commented on my tag post, I really appreciate it.  And the fun has started all over again ..... Tim's January Tag is already up there.  Can't wait to start playing along for the next 12 months.

Speaking of Tim Holtz ..... look what my lovely postie brought this morning  .....


The new JUMBO Tattered Florals and Greenery dies ....... the large flower is mahoosive!! Can't wait to play with these babies!!!
But they're going to have to wait (sigh!) the list is already full of DT stuff.  First up is my weekly post over on the Creative Studios DT Blog ...... here's a little sneaky peek for you


Brand new stamp designs from the lovely Sam Poole.  Watch Create & Craft, Saturday 18th January to see Sam demonstrate these, and more fabulous goodies.  And I'll be sharing with you more of my designs using the stamps, over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for popping by today.  Have a great weekend ...... I'm going to make a start on taking all the Christmas decorations down this evening, I've had enough now, I need them to be away and the house clean and tidy again.  What I'm going to do with all the chocolates and sweets that are left well ........ it would be a shame to waste them now, wouldn't it.   The diet starts next week!!!

By the way, if you're wondering what has happend to my blog (where's the background etc. gone?) I'm working on it!  I wasn't best pleased when everything disappeared over Christmas.  You may have noticed a couple of different backgrounds appear then disappear over the last few days ...... I can't find one that I like!!!!  So I'm trying to get it back to the way it was ..... hopefully it will be sorted soon - I feel naked!

Cheerio for now

Linda
xx

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Love, love, love what the postie brought to you and love your creation over at Creative too. Keep safe and warm Linda. Hugs, Anne x