Friday 3 July 2015

It's Friday, it's the first one of the month ...... and it's challenge time again

Good morning ...... Happy Friday folks!

How's your week been?  Looking forward to the weekend ..... yes, well lets start it with a fab new challenge over on the Craft Stamper Blog

This month it's the turn of ....... Take a Stamp ...... easy!  Your project can be anything you like .... cards, scrapbook layouts, journal pages, altered art .... the choice is all yours.   All we ask is that there's some rubber stamping on there somewhere.

As always there's prizes up for grabs ...... there's the randomly chosen winner who will receive a fabulous prize from our challenge sponsor.
This month it's Art Journey ......


and the winner will receive 4 ..... yes 4! stamp plates as their prize ...... WOW!

And there's also our  Design Winner .... chosen by the DT, who will get their winning project published, in a 2 page spread, in the Craft Stamper Magazine, will have a Guest Designer Spot on a future Craft Stamper Challenge AND ..... they'll also have their very own winners profile on the Craft Stamper Blog!  Well worth entering for I think!!

Just in case you need a little inspiration here's a quick card made using my favourite Tim Holtz stamp set (at the moment!) ....... Flower Garden (CMS215)


Such a nice, useful set to have, suitable for all sorts of occasions.  Easy to stamp, and great to colour in.

I've used my Distress Markers and a little water to blend the colours


I added a few ink splats to the background using the same colours as the flower .....


And then I added a pretty little butterfly (I think it's from a Hero Arts set of clear stamps) ...... stamped directly onto my card, then stamped again, twice, onto a scrap of Brusho coloured card.  I fussy cut around the wings and attached them over the top of the original stamped image ......


I used a foam pad to attach the large wing, to add a bit of dimension.

To finish off I added a greeting on a small tag, tied with a natural twine bow ....... so cute!


Of course, it wouldn't be me would it, if there wasn't a little something on the inside too ........


Feeling inspired? ...... need a little more? ..... then pop over to the Craft Stamper blog and see what goodies the rest of the DT have got for you.

Happy Stamping ..... and good luck!

I'm off out again this morning (what again!!!) I know ..... I've hardly been in this week.  No wonder the To Do list is still there ..... oh well, there's always the weekend!
Our little crafty foursome is getting together ..... we'll put the world to rights, drink plenty tea and coffee and there may just be some crafting done too.  I'm planning on making a start on cataloging my rubber stamps (gulp!!!)  It's going to be a BIG job!  But ...... at the end of it (if I ever get there that is!) I'll be able to say ...... that every one of my rubber stamps has seen ink at least once!!!!!

Thanks for popping by ....... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a great weekend.  Let's hope the sun keeps shining!

Cheerio until next time ......

Linda
xx 

11 comments:

Nikki K said...

Lindy Lou I love the way you stamp inside, your cards are so stylish and clean, I've always looked up to you! xxx

Mandi said...

Your card is so pretty Linda I love it :)

Bonnie said...

I just got this set and I'm excited to get it inky! Love your coneflower and that gorgeous butterfly!

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card Linda, and of course a butterfly is the perfect embellishment.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Sandy said...

So very, very pretty!!!!!!
Sandy xx

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE your DT project!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Loll said...

Have a great time with your crafty friends, Linda!!

LOVE this stamp ... now on my wishlist (thanks again for enabling!!). :) Beautifully coloured ... so pretty and feminine. xx

Gio said...

This is pure perfection, Linda. The C&S style that I love more and it's no so easy to get. And you stamped even inside..:-O

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card Linda - you always finish them off beautifully inside. Good luck with the cataloguing. I just get the images off the internet now and fill A4 pages before printing them off. Great for stamp sets.

Becca Cruger said...

This is downright sweet! Love the splattery background and the perfectly matched butterfly!

Cocofolies said...

Hi Linda! :)
At first sorry to not come very often on your blog and leave you a comment so late on this gorgeous card, SO beautiful!!! I totally love it!
And do you really plan to have a start on cataloging all your rubber stamps?... Hahaha, what a fantastic idea, I plan to do it for ages too, but never find the time argh, it's a ENORMOUS project LOL!!!!! :D
Good luck and happy Sunday Linda :) xxx