Wednesday 18 November 2015

A little bit weathered .....

Hello there .... me again!

I braved the weather and made it to the Post Office on time ..... that's my Clarity samples on their way across to the UK.

Just a quick post this evening so that I can link up my Tag #11 on Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas event.
The event has actually finished but the link is staying open until the 22nd (Sunday) so if you haven't been tempted to join in the fun yet there's still plenty of time.

Nice and simple for this one ....... acrylic paint, crackle glaze, gilding flakes and embossing powder


I wanted a bit of a weathered wood look to the background ..... so I painted my tag with a layer of dark brown acrylic paint and let it dry.   Applied a thin layer of PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze over the top ..... if you follow the link there's a fab video on the website showing you how to use this.  It always amazes me how fast the cracks start to appear!

I like to use an old credit card to spread the glaze, and I applied it in one direction trying to get it as even as I could, in one swoop so as to get the look that I was after.  Once it was dry (you can use a heat tool to speed this up) I painted over the top with PaperArtsy's Fresco Finish paint in the Chalk shade

 
Using Flitter Glu, I stamped some of Tim Holtz's new Snowflakes onto my tag and then added some gilding flakes over the top


To finish off I stamped and embossed a festive greeting using stamps from the HLS Everyday Sentiments


Well .... that's eleven done ..... only one more to go.  Hopefully I'll find time to share it before Sunday.

I'm also linking this up to the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge which is all about Tags


...... the HLS Christmas Challenge which is also Tags


 and ......... the HLS CAS Challenge where the theme is Gilding


Thanks for popping by .... again!

Cheerio until next time.

Linda
xx 

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful snowflakes and I love that weathered wood look behind them!

Susan said...

Gorgeous - love the background and the gilding flakes!

Loll said...

LOVE that crackle background Linda. And your gilded snowflakes are so elegant. This card is the perfect combination of ying and yang!:) Thanks so much for sharing at my tag event. xx

Redanne said...

You have mixed some unusual ingredients and come up trumps! Your tag is gorgeous!! Anne xx

Toni said...

Love the crackle. Am surprised the snowflakes came out so well on top of that--perfect.


Toni
HLS MM DT

Inkyfingers said...

Gorgeous tag Linda and I love that crackle! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS.
Hugs
Carol x