Friday 20 November 2015

Santa Claus is coming to town .......

Happy Friday,

Another week closer to the start of the festive season .... although it seems to have already started in some places.
Christmas lights are being switched on .....  the shops are full of Christmas decorations, gift ideas and yummy festive food ...... and I've just ordered a new frock for the Christmas do!!!  Bet it won't fit when it arrives!!!

Anyway ..... it's the start of the weekend and I haven't got a lot of time left to get my entry in for this week's Less is More challenge.
Unfortunately I missed last week's (sigh!) ....... a case of too much to do and not enough week to do it in.   I wasn't missing this week's though ....... it's One Layer Week ....... whoo hoo!!  and the theme is the big man himself .........

SANTA


One layer cards ...... don't you just love 'em!  Great for posting though!

I've used my all time favourite Santa image ...... Santa Collage  and the sentiment is an old Penny Black stamp.
A really quick and simple design (quick if you don't keep getting black marks on your card that is ....... 4 times I had to do this!  Like I said OL cards ...... !!!!!)

I cut myself an oval aperture in a piece of copier paper and used it as a mask to stamp the image through .....


I added a touch of colour to his cheeks, his eyes and his hat using Distress Inks ......... and a touch of sparkle to his glasses with a Stardust Gel Pen


A little bit of white embossing powder along the rim of his hat, and I finished off with a touch of fine crystal glitter around the edge of the oval ...... Ho! Ho! Ho!

Well I said it was quick!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day, and have a lovely weekend.
I'm looking forward to a nice fun day on Sunday ..... it's time to get together with the crafty bunch again ...... no doubt there'll be cake ..... yum!!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

8 comments:

!neke said...

Love this Santa !!!!!

Chrissie said...

This guy just has the most amazing smile and such kindly eyes!
Love this image.
Super card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fabulous vintage and clever take on our Santa challenge.
Great sentiment too and thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Mrs.B said...

Love your card Linda, This is one of my favourite Santa stamps, and he looks perfect peeking out of the oval.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Darnell said...

All your LIM cards are winners in my book, Linda! You were missed last week! This OLC is perfection for a Christmas card! You make me wish I had a big fat Santa Baby stamp so I could try this, but I'm pinning to use the design idea with other stamp images! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Wow ... that is one gorgeous image ... and I love how you've added all the special touches and little hits of colours. Great design Linda. Well worth stamping it four times! xx

Neets B said...

Fabulous Santa image, Linda. He looks great with just a few touches of colour and sparkle.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Anne said...

How clever to use a mask for Santa Linda and what a super one layer creation
Thank you for joining us
Anne
“Less is More”