Sunday 8 November 2015

It's Day 5 .......

Happy Sunday evening!

And breathe ........

Phew!  What a busy day, and a very wet and windy one at that!
What have we been up to today ..... well ..... we've collected furniture for Chris and delivered it to the flat.  Bought new bedroom furniture for the little man, but his room is on hold for tonight .... half term is over, he's back to school tomorrow (yeah!) so it was early to bed.

We've sorted through the garage (again!!) and got rid of all the rubbish (you wouldn't believe how many empty wine bottles were in there!  Well .... maybe you would if you read my blog regularly!! ........ oops!) We even took stuff to the recycling centre.  I do like a good clear out!

I also managed to cook a full Sunday roast for everyone ..... lemon, chilli and herb roast chicken, all the trimmings, followed by raspberry roulade with cream ..... yum!!
The dishwasher is on, the kitchen is spotless again ....... even the floor's been mopped!!  So it's time for a quick blog post ...... with my entry for Day 5 of Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas event ..... then it's feet up in front of the TV with a nice gin & tonic ..... I've earned it!!

Here's my tag for today .....


I started out with a piece of card I'd made on a workshop a few weeks ago.  We made masterboards and for this particular one I'd used a favourite technique of mine, spritzing backgrounds with colour then spraying over the top with Perfect Pearls.  While the ink is still wet, cover the card with cling film ..... nothing fancy, just the regular stuff from the kitchen.  Scrunch it up a little then leave it to dry.   

When you take the cling film away you get this gorgeous shimmery effect that looks like ice ....


Not sure it comes across well in the photo, but trust me .... it's so pretty!

I'd then stamped various snowflakes over the card using Versamark ink and a white sparkle embossing powder.  

I cut a piece off one end and made my tag shape, then added a few more stamped snowflakes and a bit of shading around the edges using Chipped Sapphire Distress ink


I stamped and embossed my sentiment onto a piece of vellum and tore the edges.  Using a glue pen and some fine crystal glitter I added a touch more sparkle before attaching the vellum strip to the tag


I painted a pretty wooden snowflake with some white pearlescent acrylic paint and added it to one of the snowflakes on the tag, with a dot of liquid pearls in the center to finish.  You can see that gorgeous shimmer in the background again ......  


Some white seam binding and a piece of silver thread add the finishing touch ......


Have you joined in with the event yet?  If you want more inspiration pop over to Loll's Blog ..... each day you'll find three stunning designs .... one from the lovely lady herself, and two from some of her talented friends.  Go on .... give it a go ..... it's fun!

I'm also linking this up with tow of the current HLS challenges ......

and the Mixed Media challenge .....


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

7 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous tag Linda, love the frosty blue.
Sounds as if you deserve your G&T after your busy day.
Off to have a look at the other tags.
Avril xx

Loll said...

Wow ... another gorgeous tag Linda!! LOVE the soft shimmery blue of your background ... so pretty! And those embossed and layered die-cut snowflakes are so beautiful. And your torn vellum sentiment. LOVE it. Just finished a card today using that same idea ... all because of you ... so thank you for the inspiration!! And thanks for sharing your tag at my event!!

Sounds like you've had a busy and productive day. I hope you are now settled in for a relaxing evening ... with gin and tonic in hand. You deserve it!! xx

SewPaperPaint said...

I just LOVE this! The technique sounds wonderful and I hope to try it! Love your mix of blues and white. So beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Love this shimmery snowflake tag!

Toni said...

Linda, your tag is beautiful! And thanks for sharing how you created the background--I'm going to give that a whack! I think my fav thing on your tag is the glitter edged vellum. Perfect touch!

Toni
HLS MM DT

gail said...

A gorgeous tag, love your background and all those lovely snowflakes. Your technique sounds great and think I may have a go. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers

Susan said...

Beautiful frosty tag! Lovely background technique - thanks for explaining it! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!