Monday 9 November 2015

I don't like Mondays .......

Happy Monday evening,

Have you had a nice day?
It has been dreadful here ..... its's cold, it's rained ALL day and the wind isn't half whistling around the rooftops ...... warm and cosy inside is definitely the place to be!
It's been the perfect day for spending in the old craft room so, that's exactly what I did. Not much to show for it though I'm afraid .... I've been prepping for a little workshop later this week.

I did make time to put together tag #6 for Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas event though ..... half way through already!


A quick and easy design today, great if you have lots to make.  I've still used the required ingredients ....... stamps and ink (for the trees) plus embossing powders and gilding flakes (the two other required elements to add texture and/or dimension)
Mixed media doesn't always have to be lots of layers, with loads of texture and paint etc.  I think this is quite CAS.

I have used Distress Inks to create the colour in the background ...... I masked off a strip across the bottom, blended two shades of ink over the rest of the white tag,  then spritzed with water to give that nice speckled effect ..... great for the snowy sky look!


I then removed the masking tape from the bottom edge and stamped the trees (SU's Wonderland) across the tag using a green Versafine ink


The words are from the same stamp set and have been stamped across the bottom of the tag using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with a gold powder


I added a strip of the ultra-sticky red double-sided tape across the bottom edge of the inked section and covered it using Chariot of Fire gilding flakes from IndigoBlu.
Then to finish off, I sprinkled some Chunky White Embossing Enamel over the tag, and heated it from underneath so as not to blow it all away


The whole thing was then mat onto a slightly larger black tag and finished with some white seam binding.

That's Day 6 done ..... I can't believe I'm keeping up!!
Check out Loll's Blog for today's stunning inspiration pieces, then why not join in the fun.

I'm also linking this up to the current Happy Little Stampers challenges .......

the November Christmas Challenge ...... which is all about TAGS


and the brand new Mixed Media Challenge, which also has a TAG theme ....


Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.  I'd better get the old craft room tidy ready to start again tomorrow!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

8 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this CAS / Mixed Media design Linda. Very peaceful winter scene --- so lovely! Great snowy sky, and LOVE the gilding flake strip at the bottom. Thanks so much for sharing with my event!! xx

Bonnie said...

The gilded edge and black border make this beautiful, snowy scene fantastic!

Ingrid said...

I love your tag! The gilded strip is awesome!! And the snowy sky - I've never seen that done before - more to try now! :)

Mrs.B said...

Another lovely tag Linda, the gilding strip just adds a lovely sparkle.
Avril xx

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous 'silent' forest with the lovely snowfall! A beautiful tag!

Susan said...

Lovely tag - great use of the chunky embossing enamel for the snow. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

gail said...

Lovely tag, great winter scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

LesLee said...

Love your little scene you created.. the texture is awesome.. and that strip and your sentiment.. is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge LesLee xx