Tuesday 3 November 2015

Weekend workshop ....

Happy Tuesday to you ....

Oh well, that's Halloween all done and dusted.  We've got Bonfire Night at the end of the week, and then it's full steam ahead into the festive season!
Batman and Cat Woman were a little worse for wear on Sunday I can tell you!!  No it wasn't hubby and I playing dress up, thank goodness ....  (although there was a time when I would go out dressed in a black leotard with a long tail, fishnet tights and a cat mask, but that's another story!)
It was actually Lauren and her boyfriend who went to a fancy dress party ..... let's just say we didn't see much of either of them until it was time for dinner ...... my Sunday roast can cure any hangover .... apparently!
Then it was off to the cinema to watch the new James Bond movie ...... Spectre 


(a bit of Daniel Craig on a Sunday evening ..... what could possibly be better! oooh errr!)

Enough of that ....... I had a group of ladies round on Saturday for a little craft workshop.  I do enjoy our crafty sessions .... we always have lots of fun, put the world to rights and there's always tea and biscuits.

We were having a play with the Bleeding Art Tissue technique, something I came across on the fabulous Eileen Godwin's Blog, and also stamping onto tissue paper and then applying it to a canvas.

We had loads of fun ...... everyone took inspiration from a canvas I did a while ago for a Craft Stamper DT project ......  check out the original post HERE


And I made one with a Christmas theme ....... surprise, surprise!


Circles of Bleeding Art Tissue paper, in different shades of blue, to create the background ......


Snowflakes stamped onto white tissue paper, then I tore around the edges and added them to the canvas using Slap it On adhesive .... directly onto the canvas, tissue down on the top, then brushed over the top of the tissue with the Slap it On to seal it.
Once this was dry I added some fine crystal glitter to the snowflakes for a touch of sparkle


A touch of Distress Ink around the edges .... and finished off with a cheeky sentiment


Cheers!!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.  I'm off out this afternoon ..... another little crafty get together ...... this time in someone else's craft room.  Just as well really .... you can't actually get into mine at the moment!

Cheerio until next time

Linda
xx

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh don't remind me, Christmas will be here before we know it and I have only done one card so far....oops. I love the CS canvas, the butterfly is my favourite. your winter canvas is beautiful and the sentiment is such fun! Hugs, Anne xx

Darnell said...

I'm gob-smacked, Linda! That canvas Christmas creation is as extraordinary as your original inspiration one!! You girls know how to have fun AND create masterpieces!! Hugs, Darnell