Thursday 15 June 2017

Life is Sweet .......

Hello again  ......

It's nearly the weekend  ...... whoo hoo!!!
Just one more day to go before we pick up the boat for our little trip along the Norfolk Broads.  The kids are joining us Saturday morning ....... then it's anchors away!!

Before all that though, I'm playing along with this week's Less is More Challenge ....... yes, in all the chaos and holiday prep earlier in the week I actually found time to have a little fun in the old craft room.  I should really have been tidying up the place but hey! who's going to see it.

It's one of my favourite weeks this week ....... the One Layer card, and the theme is ....
Sweet Things


You either love them or hate them ...... One Layer cards that is!  They may only be one layer but boy can they sometimes take ages to make!
Not so much with this little chap though ..... good thing really as I didn't have time to mess around.
He was stamped, and coloured first time (thanks to the MISTI!!)



And doesn't he look pleased with himself ..... a bit like I did earlier today when I was also eating a rather large, delicious double scoop ice cream ..... yum!!!


He's one of the Penny Black frogs ..... .sorry but I can't check exactly which one as I'm currently sat in my hotel room and if I open up too many websites the internet will start to complain!!  Enough said about that.


He's been coloured using my ZIG Clean Colour Brush pens, and then I've added my sentiment underneath ..... which is from a freebie set of stamps from one of the monthly craft mags (again not sure which one as I've left it a t home!!


To finish off  I added a few tiny dots of Liquid Pearls around the sentiment.

I haven't brought any craft stash away with me ..... apart from one magazine.  I did think about bringing my journal, but couldn't decide on what else to bring along so it's all stayed at home. I do have an empty notebook with me though ... so plenty of space to jot ideas down.

No time for that today though ... we were up and out early, off to the BBC Good Food Show.
We've walked miles!!!
We've munched our way through cheeses, continental meats, dips, and sauces.  Spices, chutneys, and jams, not to mention the gorgeous pastries and the hog roast ..... yum!
We tried the odd tipple here and there ..... well it would have been rude not too, and finished the day with a walk around the Gardener's World bit too!
Like I said .... a busy day, and now we've even more stuff to fit in the back of the car


As well as that little haul .... there's a case of rather nice wine on it's way to the Isle of Man ..... and hubby got an early Father's Day present ...... a lovely new BBQ!


Not what I thought we would end up buying ..... boys and their toys eh!  Let's hope we get the weather to use it.


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy your evening and have a fabulous weekend.
The weather forecast is looking good, so we've decided to skip the Good Food show tomorrow and spend the day in the Cotswolds.  We're off to Bourton  ..... well it would be a shame not to visit, we're only about an hour away.

But now ...... it's time to relax a little and try out one of our purchases ........


Cheers everyone!

Until next time .....

9 comments:

Esther said...

This is so cute, Linda! That frog is adorable with his ice cream, and both he and the sentiment are perfect for our "sweet things" challenge. A beautifully clean look, too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Mrs.B said...

A great card Linda, such a cute frog.
Enjoy the holiday, Looks like it's off to a good start.
Avril xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous CAS card ! Love the face of this funny frog ! Life seems really sweet for her ! A great take on our challenge ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous card and it sounds as if you had a fun day out. I love the Good Food show but the timing was all wrong for us this year
Jane

Redanne said...

I wish I could do one layer cards, but I am far too messy... I always love to see yours though and this one is just adorable! Enjoy your time on the Broads, hope the weather holds for you! Anne xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

oooh how cute

Darnell said...

I got all caught up in the booze and forgot why I called by!! Hic! You two do know how to have a good time, Linda! And scrolling back up, you know you captured my frog-loving heart with your perfect and happy OLC!! Keep on having fun!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Your froggie is sweet!! Such an adorable card. Couldn't help but smile when I saw it. Sounds like you're having a fantastic start to your holiday. And what a lovely haul of goodies to take home. :) Enjoy your week on the boat with the kids! xx

Pam Sparks said...

I love your one layer frog coloring sweet card! Absolutely charming!