Sunday 22 July 2018

CAS Christmas cards ......

Happy weekend .....

I hope you're having a good one.  So far we've done nothing ....... it's been wonderful!
No early morning starts ...... no dashing off into town with a list as long as my arm, and no plans made at all ..... makes a nice change.

I'm playing along with the current CAS Christmas Card Challenge today ...... I think there's still a couple of days left before the deadline.


It's all about Poinsettias this month ....... my favourite festive bloom.
I buy one every year and try my best to keep it alive for as long as I can.  You see, I'm not very good with plants ....... so, it's lucky if it makes it to New Year's Eve!  (I also have a fake one as a back up!!)
Anyway, enough about my not so green fingers ..... here's my card .....


Very CAS ....... lots of white space ...... minimal layers/embellishment ...... OK maybe not so minimal on the layers but, I wanted to really frame the pretty poinsettia.


I stamped the image (Perfect Poinsettia from Honey Doo Crafts) and heat embossed in gold and then coloured it using ZIG markers, blending the shades with a little water


I then die cut part of the image using a stitched square die and added a couple of layers of pain white cardstock to frame the image and make it 'pop' before mounting it in the centre of a square card.

A simple sentiment stamped and embossed underneath was all it needed


I did add a few dots of glitter glue to the centre of the flower, just for a touch of sparkle ...... well,  we all like a bit of sparkle at Christmas don't we!


That's another one for the festive box.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
I've been having a bit of a tidy up in the old craft room ...... so far I've done all my stencils, my embossing powders and glitters (how did I get so many!!)  My MDF stash is looking so neat and tidy along with the basket that holds all my mixed media gels and mediums (it's quite a large basket!) 
My Distress inks are all sorted ..... making room for the new set of oxides which are on their way (excited or what!!)  And I even made a start on my dies ....... all the big ones are done anyway.
Next on the list are all the thin metal dies, and the stamp sets that have matching dies .... that's going to be fun!  It should keep me busy next week.

Time for another coffee I think.

Cheerio until next time ......

6 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercoloured poinsettia Linda. I love how you've cropped it with your stitched square die and layered it with white to make it stand out even more. Amazing CAS design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

I just donated about 150 older stamp sets to a sale for charity along with a few dies, stencils, etc. It was good to have a clean out, but now I need to restock my stamp inventory with some new ones. :)

Always good to have a clean up or clean out to organize. It helps me to be more creative if there's not a lot of clutter. Good luck with the rest of your work. xx

Bonnie said...

I love the layered frame for your gorgeous poinsettia, Linda! The gold embossing is so elegant and your Zig coloring rich and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Very festive CAS poinsettia card, Linda! Your Zig watercoloring is beautiful. Love the shades! The gold heat-embossing is shiny and matches so well with the red and the green. Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Wonderful traditional colour Christmas card, Linda! Amazing Zig watercolouring. You’ve achieved such a deep rich red tone that is stunning against the gold. Thank you for joining us this month at CAS Christmas Poinsettia challenge. x

Christine Alexander said...

love the depth of colour you acheived with the red, It's always a struggle with zigs :)
you whole flower is amazing, such gorgeous framing. Thanks for Joining us at CAS Christmas

Mrs.B said...

The poinsettia looks stunning embossed in gold, love the framing with the stitched square layering.
Avril xx