Friday 20 July 2018

Uniko Blog Challenge ......

Happy Friday folks .....

Looking forward to the weekend? ...... I'm hoping for a quiet one.  We've nothing planned, no one to see, nowhere to go, so we're going to take it as it comes I think.

Let's get into that Friday feeling though with a blog challenge shall we ....... it's time to launch the new Uniko Blog Challenge


It's Challenge #48 ...... and what a cute inspiration photo we've got.
Will you use the colours maybe, or the little ladybirds.  You could go with two of something, like it says in the words, or maybe use the optional twist.  The choice is yours.  Full challenge details and all the rules can be found on the Uniko Blog

Fancy some inspiration to get you started ....... oh, go on then


I've gone for the colour combination, there's two of something on there, oh ..... and I've picked up on the word 'friend' too

I started by using the Uniko stencil Nature's Treasures II with some Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink to stencil some leaves directly onto my card blank


and added a few splatters of red ink over the top for a little more interest


I stamped the pretty bloom from the Uniko Pure Florals - Gerbera stamp set onto a piece of white card.  I used the solid image and inked it up with Distress Oxide ink.  I also used my MISTI to do the stamping so that I could repeat stamp it until I got the ink coverage that I wanted.  Although can I just say, I did only have to stamp it twice, the Oxide inks do give a really nice coverage, and they blend beautifully


Once the red shades were dry, I over stamped the centre of the flower using Wild Honey DOX ink and finished off by stamping the line version of the bloom over the top, in a Sepia ink so that it wasn't too obvious. I then fussy cut the flower and attached it using foam pads in the centre of my stenciled leaves

The sentiment is from Uniko Organic Additions ...... stamped over the leaves using my new favourite black ink ..... Versafine Clair Nocturne ...... I love it!!!


To keep with the inspiration photo just a little bit more I added two bees onto the bloom (Uniko Bee Happy) ..... stamped and fussy cut, and coloured with ZIG markers


I can't wait to see your take on this months photo. 
Check out more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over on the Uniko Blog

Happy stamping!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day and have a lovely weekend.

It's the last day of school today ...... our little man has gone in loaded up with cards and presents for his teachers.  We've now got 6 weeks of fun to look forward to!

Cheerio until next time ......

9 comments:

Julie B said...

Love those happy bees Linda and of course that fab vibrant gerbera! Fab inspiration. :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow! I adore those cute little bees and the gerbera daisy is just wonderful. Great take on the photo. xx

Darnell said...

This is beautiful and very uplifting, Linda! Love the design and coloring and those two sweet bees!! Hugs, Darnell

cm said...

Such a lovely image of bees humming and buzzing around your lovely daisy! Friendship fabulous!
Hugs~carol

Jane said...

Gorgeous as always! Love your connections to the challenge badge and quote.

Mrs.B said...

Great card using the bold gerbera, and those little bees are cute. It's a lovely sentiment and perfect for friendship.
Avril xx

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card, Linda. Great inspiration takes from both the photo and quote. x

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful card Linda!!

Lindsey said...

Cute pair of bees! I love how you've layered the bloom with the different colours & sepia outline. Inspired! X