Monday 27 August 2018

Monday again ......

Happy Bank Holiday Monday ......

Yes, here in the UK we've got our last Bank Holiday before Christmas.  Scary isn't it!
I have been thinking about the festive season though ...... well sort of.  I put the idea out for a Christmas workshop last week, and everybody was very quick off the mark to get their names down.  Either they've been missing me (I don't think so), missing our monthly craft sessions (more likely) or,  they're also getting into the Christmas spirit!  I just need to play around with a few ideas now and then get the date sorted.

A few of us actually got together yesterday and had a lovely day round the craft table.  There were new home cards, a Jennifer McGuire inspired ...... Inside Shadow Box Card (Lyn mastered this one), a few Christmas ideas and some beautiful festive tags.  Me .... I wasn't that productive.  All I managed to do was to update my colour chart for the new Distress Oxide colours!!

I did have another play with the Alcohol Lift Ink though ...... and now everyone has a shopping list (sorry girls!)  It had to be done though, as I recently gave in and purchased that mahoosive stamp from Tim Holtz .... Glorious Bouquet.
The number of times I have talked myself out of this stamp, then I would see it being used, and well ..... now it's in the craft room, and it is beautiful ..... and BIG!!


It works well with the Alcohol Lift technique too ....... just look at the detail. Gorgeous!!


I haven't had chance to do anything with this yet but I'm sure I'll think of something!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day, and if it's the Bank Holiday for you too then make the most of it.

Cheerio until next time .......

1 comment:

Redanne said...

I definitely think they missed you, your cards are exquisite and they must all love taking classes with you! I do like practical so well done for getting your labels done... Hugs, Anne xx