Thursday 23 August 2018

Twofer Card Challenge .......

Happy Thursday ......

We're heading nicely towards the weekend ..... and this time next week, hubby will be nearly home!
 
Today I'm playing along with this month's Twofer Card Challenge ..... two cards, for two occasions, made using the same stamp or die.
The theme for August is ...... Geometric


Hmmmm ....... took me a while, but I got there in the end (just in time too .... I think the challenge closes tomorrow)


I've used a Memory Box die ...... I think it's called Mod Squares Background ..... and yes it is on both cards.
First ..... the female version ......


This beautiful stamp from Unity is one of my current favourites.  Stamped and heat embossed in Rose Gold and then coloured using the new Spun Sugar Distress Oxide before being cut into using the Mod Squares die


I also cut the die again, three times, from white cardstock and then inlaid and layered the various squares back into the stamped image.
I varied the number of layers on each square so that they would be at different heights and add a little more interest and texture to the design


A simple stamped sentiment and a few ink splatters finish it off


Now one for the boys using the same die .....


This was so simple to do ....... I die cut the squares from a piece of black card cut to fit the front of my card blank.  I cut it again from another piece of black card and again from a couple of pieces of designer papers.


I layered up the various squares of card and papers and then inlaid them back into the main piece of card matching up the stripes on the papers ....


An embossed sentiment and few dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops and we're done!


Two cards, two occasions, same die!

I was out yesterday for a lovely afternoon tea.  I met up with some of our crafty group to celebrate Carol's BIG birthday ........ we couldn't let that one slip by now could we!

I can show you her birthday card now .......


Love this image from Stamping Bella ........ coloured with ZIG markers and fussy cut


The sentiment is from SU ....... and is a two parter.   This goes on the outside of the card ....


and I'm sorry, but silly me forgot to take a picture of the inside, which says ......

 ...... Like "WHY did I walk into this room?" 
(it made me smile)
That could actually be me at the moment ..... can't remember anything unless I write it down!!
Happy Birthday Carol ..... remember hun, it's only a number!

I do remember though we arranged another crafty get together at mine at the weekend which should be fun .... looking forward to that. There's going to be birthday cake!

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day
The sun has just popped it's head out .... lets hope it dries up all the rain from the monsoon that we had about half an hour ago!  Typical Isle of Man weather,  all the seasons in one day.  There's supposed to be another practice session today for the Manx GP  ..... fingers crossed!

Cheerio until next time .....

3 comments:

Darnell said...

What a creative way to use your geometric elements in your designs, Linda! I love that you made one feminine and one masculine! Your feminine floral design is gorgeous and then, bam, what a surprise to turn the card slightly and see the tumbling squares! And your masculine design is so precise and clean and fabulous! Did you mean for the stripes to look like men's dress shirts, because that's what they remind me of and I love it!! Safe travels to hubby!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

LOVE how you've used the mod squares on both cards Linda. I couldn't see them on the feminine card until I saw the close-ups. So very creative and a clever way to add dimension to this gorgeous flower image. And the masculine card is awesome withe pin-stripe squares. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Just brilliant, Linda! To "hide" the squares in the beautiful flowers is so clever. Love the effect! And I love the modern feel of your masculine version, too!
Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer!
P.S. The birthday card for your friend is so fun!