Tuesday 14 August 2018

More Sweet Poppy Stencils .......

Hello there ......

I hope you've had a nice Tuesday.
I've heard from hubby ........ he's arrived safely in Melbourne. Only 16 days before he's home again!

 I've had a lovely day today, with Lauren and the little man. We had a nice walk around the beautiful gardens up at Milntown.  Alex tried his hand at wood carving .... and loved it. He was a little nervous at first but soon got the hang of it.
There was a local wood sculptor, Gavin Carter, in the grounds running a workshop where kids could 'become part of Milntown's history' by carving out their own handprint on a beautiful piece of reclaimed wood from the Milntown Grounds. 
The sculpture will be finished by Gavin himself and then it will permanently stand inside the grounds, displaying all the handprints of the children that took part.  I thought it was a fab idea. Lauren has the photos ..... once she shares them with me I'll put them on here.
We had a nice lunch whilst we were there, of course,  and then ventured to the shops in Ramsey.  I may have purchased a few bits and bobs ..... oops!

I'm back today with a few more of my Sweet Poppy Stencil makes for you ....... and not a festive design in sight!

It's all about the pretty Star Blossoms today, and one of my favourites, the Chinese Lanterns. I do love this design.

 
It looks great with the Glossy Black Paste,  over a simple background.

I made myself a mask using plain old copy paper and a deckle edged rectangle die.
I also used a circle punched from a Post-It note to create the moon.


With both masks in place I used two or three shades of blue Distress ink to create the sky, tyhen I removed the circle mask and added a touch of yellow Distress for the moon.

A touch of crystal glitter just along the edges of the blooms gives a pretty sparkle


I finished with one of the sentiments from the Sweet Poppy stamp set Smile


I used the same stencil to create a pretty wall hanging, but this time with a little colour ......


I know I keep saying this but, you don't have to use all of a stencil design.  Sometimes you might only want part of a flower, or you may just want the leaves off one of your designs, just mask off the bits that you don't want or, do like I've done here and go off the edges of your card


I did my stenciling first, using various shades of Distress Ink to build up the colour.  In case you haven't noticed I do like to work on diagonals ....... opposite corners always work for me!

I die cut the stitched frame from the stenciled card, and I took the inside panel and stamped the poem in the centre (from the same Sweet Poppy stamp set as before .... Smile)


I die cut the frame a couple more times from plain white card and inlaid one of them back into the die cut piece.  I put the centre panel back in place and then layered the remaining frames with the stenciled one top ...... this gives a little dimension and you don't lose any of the design


A few dots of glitter glue, and a little bit of natural twine add the finishing touch


The Star Blossoms is another pretty stencil ......


Looks great over a really simple background ...... I've used the Glossy White Paste and a pretty burgundy glitter .... in fact I think it's called Bordeaux


A few splatters of metallic ink make the background ......


And a simple sentiment to finish ....... (from the Sweet Poppy stamp set Just to Say)


It also looks great in black ..... and the other way up!


Here I've used it over a piece of 'mop up' card from my stash (you know, one of those pieces of card you use to pick up any left over ink, and then stash away for later)


I added clear crystal glitter over the wet black paste ...... look how it sparkles


And finished off with a sentiment (again from the stamp set Just To Say) and a few dots of glitter glue


Check out the Sweet Poppy show on HOCHANDA for more beautiful stencil designs, great ideas, lots of tips and techniques, and don't forget, I think there's some brand new Sweet Poppy Stamp sets launching.

When? ......  Thursday 16th August
What time? ....... 12pm and 4pm
Where? ..... Sky Channel 673 ..... Freesat 817 ..... Freeview 85

And just in case you can't wait until Thursday to see the new stamps, they are available now on the Sweet Poppy Website

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your evening.

Cheerio until next time .....

1 comment:

Loll said...

Beautiful makes with your new Sweet Poppy Stencils, Linda. Do love the Chinese Lantern one especially. Your framed wall hanging is GORGEOUS! xx