Monday 20 August 2018

Stencil Mono printing for the CAS Mix Up Challenge .......

Happy Monday evening .......

Well, that's one weekend gone without hubby ........ only one more to go. 10 days and he'll be home. Anyone would think I'm missing him!  (You all know that I am of course!)

I did have a lovely weekend though.  A nice crafty day on Saturday (with cake ...... and gin!) and then a lovely lunch out on Sunday with Lauren and the little man.

Shhh! I don't want to say this too loud but, I think the mojo might be on it's way back too!  Finger's crossed I haven't spoken too soon. 
Saturday was lovely ...... crafting with a friend is always fun, and this weekend I was actually productive.  I can't share it just yet...... it was a special card for someone who's very recently had a BIG birthday (Sunday) and I haven't given it to her yet.(You'll get it on Wednesday Carol)

I do have something I can share though ..... yeah!  It's been a busy day in the craft room, not with anything in particular, just me trying to rustle up the mojo. 
Seeing as I have a little time on my hands I thought I would play along with some of my favourite Blog Challenges, I don't always get the chance.   First up is ...... CAS Mix Up


CAS ..... one of my favourite styles, mixed up with some fun techniques .......


Stencil Monoprinting ........ always a fun technique to try.  I've used the Tim Holtz Roses Layering Stencil and some pretty shades of Distress Oxides (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade)


If you've never tried this technique you'll find links on the CAS Mix Up Challenge Blog to some fab video tutorials ..... why not give it a go.

My choice of technique was ..... Die Cutting.  I used a stitched circle frame die to cut into my stencil monoprinted piece.
The inner piece was attached directly to my card blank, and I cut two more frames from plain white card.  These I layered together with the coloured frame on top, and attached them around the centre piece .... matching up the stencil design on the edge


See how the layered frame adds a little dimension, and the design still carries through .... love it!

A simple sentiment stamped underneath, and a few drops of Glossy Accents finishes it all off.


Well that's one challenge done ...... I'll be back with a few more, hopefully before the deadlines!

Thanks for popping by ..... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off for an early night tonight.

Cheerio until next time ......

6 comments:

Cathy said...

asuch a pretty card, love how you've layered the design, Cathy x

Loll said...

Wow ... this is gorgeous Linda!! I LOVE your stencil monoprint of the roses. It looks amazing cut in a circle. Love the way you've framed this, adding dimension, but keeping the pattern going into the frame. So creative, my friend! Always great to see you in the gallery. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Stencil monoprint roses image, Linda. Love your circle with the circle frame, both perfectly matched up. Your curved sentiment is perfect with your circle image. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs.Have a fun holiday. Your mojo certainly has returned. Hugs..

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous stencil monoprint with pretty colors. I like how you die cut it and added dimension with the frame, so pretty. TFS

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Linda! Love the combination of colors that are so perfect with the dainty roses! The dimension of the raised frame adds so much interest! I need to remember that trick! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

Definitely a very special card, loving this colour combo and the design is so CAS. Love how you popped up the frame too, thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx