Tuesday 21 August 2018

Two cards ..... two challenges

Happy Tuesday ........

It's been a funny old day ...... it's been foggy here for most it, which was not good.  Our little island doesn't cope well with fog! 
First off the plane that brings some of the mail didn't arrive this morning ..... it couldn't land because of the fog.  Possibly why there was nothing through the letterbox today .... no craft stash delivery!!
And then the practice/qualifying session for the racing, which is due to run this evening because it was cancelled last night, has been a bit of a worry all day.
I think it is finally going ahead, a statement was issued earlier saying conditions have cleared considerably this afternoon on the mountain so, fingers crossed everything goes according to plan.  Did I mention we've got the MGP (Manx Grand Prix) on at the moment.  It's practice/qualifying this week, then race week next.
Oooh ..... the sun has just appeared, so we might just get a nice evening after all.  I hope it's shining where you are.

I'm playing along with a couple more challenges today ....... first up, CAS Watercolor


As you can see, the theme is Sunflower ...... 


I found this piece in my bits box whilst I was looking for something else, and thought it would go nicely with the challenge.
It's actually a leftover from a workshop I did I think ...... a stenciled mono print using a pretty design from Inkylicious.  I'm not sure but it may actually be a daisy, but I think it looks a bit like a sunflower so hopefully I'll get away with it!

I've used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink (I think!) directly onto the stencil, spritzed with water and then placed the inky side down on a piece of watercolour card


I love how the finished image isn't perfect.

I swished one of my brown ink blending brushes around the centre to add just a touch of colour, and then stamped the sentiment over the top.


Now for something a little more festive .......... the CAS Christmas Card Challenge


I couldn't resist this one .... you all know how much I love my Christmas tree, and I love how this has turned out .... may just make a few more like this


The tree is from IndigoBlu, stamped in Old Olive ink from Stampin Up!


I then ran the card through my Big Shot with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder (again from SU)


I added a touch of glitter to the tree and some of the snow ......


And finished with a simple sentiment ......


Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
I'm off back to the craft room to check on a mirror.  I'm painting the frame so that I can hang it in the spare bedroom.  It's only been on the to do list for about 5 years!!

You wouldn't believe what I've got done whilst hubby is in Australia.  My craft room has had a major clear out, I've been through nearly everything .... except my stamps.  That's too big of a job for now!  Kitchen cupboards and drawers have been sorted and cleaned.  Wardrobes sorted and tidied.
The refrigerator has been emptied and cleaned, we won't go into what was in the back of there!  And then this morning I started on the window blinds ..... he won't recognise the place when he gets home.  He definitely won't be able to find anything.  That'll teach him to go on a business trip without me!!

Now ..... what's next on my list?

Cheerio until next time ..........

8 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card, Linda! I love how you stamped your tree off-set from center, and your embossed snowflakes are the perfect touch for your CAS design! Also, your stenciled bloom is so pretty...Two really lovely cards!

Bonnie said...

I always love your Christmas trees, Linda and this is no exception! A perfect placing of the tree with the embossed snow! And your sunflower is gorgeous! I love how the sentiment fits in the center! It fits for the CAS Mix Up Challenge too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Christmas!

Papercraft Boutique said...

The sunflower card is so pretty, Linda! It's interesting that the petals are white and the background is yellow. You should share the card at CAS Mix Up Challenge (stencil monoprint) too.
The second card is a very serene beautiful Christmas card! Love how you stamped the tree. The snowfall embossing and the white-on-white layered panels make the card look elegantly CAS. Thanks so much for sharing the tree card at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx
p.s. Your husband will be nicely surprised with the spick-and-span house! :-)

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards! Love the soft yellow of the sunflower one. And the Christmas card is fabulous with the tree set off the edge and the great embossed snow! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas and CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

LOVE that artsy stencil monoprint sunflower ... with the yellow it HAS to be a sunflower. Gorgeous, Linda! I LOVE this technique. It's so fun.

And the tree is beautiful. Love the pretty flow of the branches. They look so pretty with snow and a bit of sparkle. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Christmas! xx

Congrats on getting all the work done ... you must be exhausted, but proud of all you've accomplished!! You'll be so happy to have hubby home so that you can take a break from all the work! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards Linda!! LOVE your stencil monoprint sunflower...so bright and cheery and the sentiment is perfect over the center of the flower...truly a happy card!! And your tree card is GORGEOUS!! SO CAS and just perfect...LOVE it!! Thanks so much for joining us with the CAS Challenges!! Always love seeing you in the gallery!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Linda I love your perfectly CAS Christmas tree against your embossed snowy background. So so beautiful. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Nance said...

Lovely Christmas card, I love the snowfall, around the tree. Very peaceful, serene card. Thanks for sharing it with us this month at CAS Christmas.