Saturday 22 September 2018

CAS Christmas Card Challenge ......

Happy weekend ......

I hope you're all doing something nice this weekend. 
It's lovely here on the island today ..... we've got autumn sunshine.  It's a but chilly though, so my cosy, warm layers are starting to come out of the wardrobe.

As I mentioned yesterday, there's only 13 more weekends before Christmas ....... eeeek! I'd better get those lists started!  I must confess I did actually look a some Christmas cards in town yesterday.  Well, I was in the card shop with Lauren, waiting for balloons for Alex's birthday party today, and as I don't venture in to card shops much these days I thought I'd have a look round.  Don't worry, I didn't buy any, well not yet anyway.  The way things are going though I might just have to at some point!!!

I do have one more for the festive box ...... I'm playing along with this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge.   As you can see, the theme this month is .... Wreath



I do like a nice Christmas wreath, you'll always find one on our front door. And here's my entry for the challenge ......


This cute little wreath is from the Stampin Up! set called Feeling of Christmas.  I think it was last year but don't hold me to that!
I simply stamped and heat embossed in gold, and then coloured using ZIG Markers.


For the berries I used white Enamel Accents, and I added a touch of sparkle to the cute little baubles using a Wink of Stella pen then put a layer of Glossy Accents over the top .....


The sentiment is from a Penny Black clear stamp set, stamped in gold metallic ink


and I added a few splatters of the same ink onto the background.

The design follows through on the inside .......


Same colours, same splatters ......


I might just make some more of these.

Speaking of Christmas a very large box arrived yesterday full of goodies for the festive workshop.  Looks like I'll be getting into the Christmas spirit, and full of glitter next week ..... can't wait!
Ho! Ho! Ho!

We had a great evening out with the birthday boy last night.  Alex chose the restaurant ..... Alessandro's in town, and we had a lovely meal. 
He discovered that he likes a medium rare, fillet steak, after eating most of Grandad's, saving his pepperoni pizza to take home!  He also had queenies with pancetta cooked in garlic and white wine, but he's not too keen on Beef Carpaccio.  He's developing great taste for an eight year old!!!
There had to be cake too of course .....

thanks to Robbie for the photo
Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
I'm looking forward to a nice cosy evening in front of the TV.  There's a beef casserole that's been cooking slowly all day ..... it smells delicious,  with a bottle of our favourite red to go with it ....... perfect!

Cheerio until next time .....

6 comments:

Loll said...

Your wreath is gorgeous Linda. LOVE the image embossed in gold with the bright greens and red for watercolouring. The splatters are a perfect finishing touch. I love how you add so much to the inside of your cards. A wonderful bonus for the recipient! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Your little man has quite discerning taste! They grow up so fast! xx

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful wreath, Linda! Love the gold accents and all the lovely green leaves! The white berries and red baubles add such a merry feel to it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas! Aren't grandsons just the best?

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Linda, love the simplicity of the gold embossed wreath and your touch of colour with the red and green. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful heat embossed and Zig colored wreath, Linda. This would be a fun design to duplicate. Looks like the family enjoyed Alex's birthday as much as he did:-) TFS your beautiful card and photo, my friend. Hugs..

Redanne said...

Oh, the wreath is so beautiful, it makes a lovely Christmas card for sure. It is hard to believe that Alex is 8 - where has the time gone!!

Confession time, I do buy Christmas cards for family and friends who really don't appreciate handmade ones! Hugs, Anne xx

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty! Congrats on the pick at CAS Christmas!